Saturday, December 9, 2023

Happy, Busy Season


This "deck the halls with boughs of holly" season can get quite busy.

These days, I find myself doing deep breathing more frequently than usual.

One must develope a clear perspective. 

 Unless the stove is on fire, nothing has to be done immediately.

Yes, there are Christmas cards to write out, address, stamp, and send.

Yes, there are gifts piling up that need to be wrapped and have tags to recipients placed on them.

Yes, there is cleaning to do.

Yes, and yes, and yes, but nothing is earth-shattering if it doesn't get done in the time frame one has in mind.

Yes, remember to be good to yourself.

Sit and look at Christmas tree lights and manger scenes.

Think about why the season is celebrated.

It's a lot more than rush, rush, rush to buy gifts or plan parties.

If a nice cup of chocolate pudding with cream and pecans on top,  sounds inviting, make it, sit with it, savor it, and relax.  

Everything will get done on time and, if not, it's okay. Fa la la la la.


4 comments:

Red Rose Alley said...

Pace yourself, Susan, and don't overdue. I wasn't able to do many of the things you mentioned here cause I've been sick, and it's all good. I've been in a peaceful state of mind, cause I had to for my health, and it's exactly how we are supposed to be around this special Christmas season. As we get older, we find that doing all this excess stuff creates anxiety, and that's not good. So enjoy your chocolate pudding with cream and pecans. It looks delicious, by the way. And I love The Pioneer Woman cup too. Your words to savor the special moments, relax, and think about why we celebrate the season are wonderful. A Merry season to you, Susan.

~Sheri

diane stetson said...

The older I get the more I slow down with anything including Christmas preparations. I savor each and every moment and take joy in peace and tranquility.

Brenda Leyland @ Its A Beautiful Life said...

Lovely advice, Susan. And I'm eager to try that cup of chocolate pudding with cream and pecans on top - it looks delicious!

Wishing you a peaceful, relaxing day...
Brenda xo

Joy said...

Thank you for the reminder to rest - in body and mind!! I needed that today.

Related Posts with Thumbnails