Saturday, January 13, 2024

Beautiful Bakery Without Calories

This is a picture-heavy post of the best Christmas present "evah."


 The three local grands and their parents saved their best Christmas  present for me until the last.



 

The kids told me to keep my eyes closed while their father carried it in.

When I opened them, the most utterly amazing artistic and creative gift imaginable stood on the table in front of me.



 

The grands and their very creative mother, (my daughter), worked on the mini-bakery for a couple of months.

It was a secret, undercover operation with spectacular results!

It really turned out to be a combined labor of love. 



From many fingers working together came tiny brownies, cookies, cakes, gingerbread figures, pies, and on and on into the baking world, all extremely real looking.



 

Even if they happened to be real, they'd have almost no calories due to their tiny dimensions!

One of my local grands even adhered, with a special removable glue, all the dozens upon dozens of treats onto whatever surface they landed

 

 on.



"That took me at least two hours, Susie," he told me, looking very proud, indeed.

All the work,  determination, and combined love that went into the mini-bakery blew my mind and heart.



   

 What pure joy it is to look down into it from a large, removable skylight.

 

Brownies, cookies, or pies, anyone?

                                             






3 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a unique, delightful gift. I love this so much.

diane stetson said...

Well they take right after you with your love of miniatures. They knew just what you would love and I'm so glad it was a success.

Brenda Leyland @ Its A Beautiful Life said...

Oooo, how charming. They must have had such fun creating this with you in mind. Thank you for showing us, Susan!

Related Posts with Thumbnails