Thursday, January 11, 2024

For the Love of Cousins


                

                               (A plaque displayed  in my cousin's lovely apartment.)

It's comfortable and a great gift to spend time with someone who shares one's history.

It's exactly that way with cousins.


One of my beloved cousins, Marianne, and I share tea/coffee parties with each other.

One month, she'll come to my apartment and the following month, I'm off to hers.

(My cousin's son made the lovely bowl for Marianne many years ago when he was in high school. She fills it with a colorful display of fruit and greens.)

It works out beautifully.  

 

Being with Marianne is pure joy.

  Not only do I love her, her decorating style also touches my heart.

When we are together, we both talk a lot, share, remember, laugh, cry, and exchange ideas.

 The photos in today's post are from her beautifully decorated apartment. Like most of us, she's about ready to take down Christmas decor.

In February, it will be my turn to invite my cousin to my place and that is great news because that month features Valentine's Day. 

 

Hope each of you has a super day today!


2 comments:

diane stetson said...

Very cute decorations. so sweet that you take turns visiting each other's places.

Red Rose Alley said...

That's nice that you spend time with your cousin and have coffee and tea parties with her. Those are cute teddy bears. Have a fun time next month when you have it at your place. I really miss my first and favorite cousin. She lived up the street when we were growing up, and we did many things together.

I hope the new year is being good to you, Susan.

~Sheri

Related Posts with Thumbnails