Saturday, January 20, 2024

Cut Glass, Crystal, Old Linens, and the Color Pink


 

 

Any crystal or cut glass object with a pattern to it tugs at the heart.

Linens of all kinds, too, but particularly old linens, and the gentle, soft color pink all make it on to a list of favorite things.

The little table in my apartment has a small white cloth with crocheted edges on it.  It's so pretty.

 

Across the top of it, an old pastel green, pink, red, and white draped cloth makes a very pretty addition.

It once belonged to my Godmother who left for the other side of life many years ago so I cherish the cloth even more because it was hers. 


 

Pink is everywhere in the apartment----on pillows and on a living room rug from an estate sale, a cranberry glass collection, stained glass pieces in the front window, and on and on. 

There's even a newly blossomed hyacinth in pink!



It's a good thing to make one's space reflect objects a person loves and enjoys, don't you think?

 If you were to make a list of decorative things you love, what would you write?  

CAN YOU SHARE A FEW THINGS YOU LOVE TO HAVE AROUND YOUR SPACE?

3 comments:

diane stetson said...

Your pink things and cut glass are very pretty and I know you enjoy looking at them. Very lovely.

Nellie said...

Hi, Susan! Oh, I have enjoyed seeing your lovely things through the years! I love your pink! Very special to have that tablecloth! Seasonal dishes fill my china cabinet and buffet.

Red Rose Alley said...

Oh Susan, the table cloth that belonged to your Godmother is so special. It looks charming in your new home. I like crystal and glass things as well, and Pink. I especially like that hanging star of yours.

To answer your question.....in decorating, I love candles, framed pictures, rose patterns, and special items that were given to me from my family. I've always loved blue in the home, there's just something about it. : )

~Sheri

Related Posts with Thumbnails