Friday, January 26, 2024

Pink Hyacinth and Golden Birds

 

 

A hyacinth, filled with the possibilities of fragrance and a pretty bloom, was impossible to leave in the store.

The thick stem held the formation of a future flower and the roots were suspended in a round-shaped vase.



It was only $3.99 so she came home with me.

When the little bumps burst into bloom in beautiful pink, it was almost too lovely to contemplate.

The golden birds, among my favorite decorating items, happened to be a gift from a dear friend, Jana, a few years ago.



She bought them, packed them, and sent them to me from Georgia.

One of my little grandsons positioned them at my bidding. 

They seem to like pink hyacinth, and each other,  too.

The smallest things in life often bring the greatest pleasure.


3 comments:

diane stetson said...

Very pretty flower and cute little birds. I know you enjoy them very much.

Red Rose Alley said...

Oh, I love your gold birds, Susan. I just put out my red love birds for Valentine's Day. I noticed your card organizer. I've been looking all over for something like that for my bills. You're right, the smallest things often bring the most joy. : )

~Sheri

Gloria said...

What a perfect little burst of delicate color! With your sweet little birds it is a reminder that Spring will be with us before we know it.

Related Posts with Thumbnails