Thursday, February 8, 2024

Signs of Valentine's Day


February is the month of love!

Valentine's Day, in all its splendor, will be here on the 14th, like always.


Most of the regular Valentine's Day decor used to decorate is in plastic totes in a rented storage unit. 

Luckily, some white and red felt hearts as well as pink, sparkly hearts, came home with me from a large crafts store. 


So did a sparkly red heart on a little stand. 

A glass-covered clock joined the golden birds on the buffet top, along with incoming Valentine's Day cards.

A favorite saying, in gold letters against a white background, is a wonderful reminder that, indeed, "Love is more precious than gold."

The crystal bowl, filled with little hearts, is there, too, and the sweet and innocent angel who is taking in all the beauty.

Despite the tsunami changes in life from previous years, at this time, we are still ready to welcome, with wide open arms, the Day of Love.

DO YOU LIKE TO DECORATE FOR VALENTINE'S DAY?


4 comments:

diane stetson said...

Oh very pretty decorations. I do not decorate for Valentines but I do display the cards I get.

Gloria said...

l used to decorate for Valentines Day when the kids were young and I still have a box of decorations in the basement. I have picked up a few things to give to my granddaughters but that's going to be about it for this year. My birthday is around the same time so the holiday and birthday often just get all bundled up together and I am all right with that. Happy Valentines Day to you!

Anonymous said...

One Valentine’s Day I pasted about 50 hearts on everything I could find in our front yard, including the house. It was worth it to see the smile on my.Valentine’s face as he exited the car. I used to decorate heart door decorations and one time I made them for all my sisters. I always taught my students Valentine Songs in school! I LOVE Valentine’s Day.

Red Rose Alley said...

Your clock is very nice, Susan. And I love your precious little angel. She looks so sweet and peaceful. : )

~Sheri

Related Posts with Thumbnails