Thursday, May 16, 2024

The Lilacs Are Blooming

  


One of spring's best gifts to humans is lilacs.

These gorgeous flowering bushes release an intoxicating fragrance that is so powerful, a single bouquet can fill an entire room. 


 Just seeing a bush in bloom with these gifts of nature brings an overwhelming desire to stick my head in some of the fragrant blossoms and deeply inhale.

In one house we had, in the city, the neighbor across the street had beautiful lilac bushes.

She let me cut as many as wanted.

One year, when the kids were little, there were vases filled with lilacs in just about every room of a 10 room Victorian house we had rehabilitated.

I was in lilac heaven.

 

Lilacs come in several colors, too-----lavender, pink. dark purple, white, and so on.  

Lavender lilacs are my favorites.

HOW ABOUT YOU? ARE YOU FAMILIAR WITH LILACS?


1 comment:

Red Rose Alley said...

What special memories you have, Susan, of all those lilacs filling the rooms of your old Victorian house. I didn't realize you had 10 rooms! So nice of your neighbor to let you cut as many as you wanted. I'm not too familiar with the lilac flower, but I think the dark purple would be my favorite. This is a pretty picture of the lilac bush.

I hope you are enjoying the May days, Susan.

~Sheri

Related Posts with Thumbnails