Wednesday, October 14, 2009

A Change of Scene


I don't know about you, but sometimes I need to have a change of scene (and scenery). It just does my heart good to see a new place.

Today, a friend drove to Worcester, about a two hour drive from where we live. I was a more-than-willing passenger. A splendid New England day made the day extra special, with golden sunshine, chilly temps, and a gorgeous blue sky. Couldn't possibly have been a more perfect day, weather-wise and otherwise.

We had lunch at a tea room. I had a cup of pumpkin/cider/bacon soup and a curry chicken salad with cashews and currents, served on lettuce with slices of tomato and one small slice of sweet, succulent pineapple. My drink was a glass of iced creamy vanilla tea. Located in an old house, the restaurant was quaint and decorated in chabby chic decor. There were dining tables in three rooms. The waitresses were friendly and kind and everything tasted yummy. (I would've eliminated the cider from the soup but it was still pretty good).

The day gave me the opportunity to get to know this friend more, since I had previously never spent a lot of time with her. While some of our views differ markedly, she is sweet, kind, and pleasant company. We had a delightful day.

When I got home, there was still more than a half-hour left of my absolutely favorite program, Little House on the Prairie. Now, maybe today's generation would think I had a few screws loose to like this show but I don't care. Michael Landon and all the other characters in Little House are just so believable and the story lines of all the episodes are terrific. It makes me sad to think that handsome Michael Landon died from pancreatic cancer. He was such a great actor and so good looking, too. I hope he's found happiness and peace in the other realm of life.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails