Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Rose-Covered Royal Albert Tea Cup for Martha and Terri's Teacup Tuesday!

(Click on cup to see it bigger---if your heart can stand it!)

The first time I saw a Royal Albert teacup, it made my heart beat faster than usual. To pick up a cup, covered with roses, with touches of gold and pastel background, is exciting!

Royal Albert china is elegant, classy, and even romantic. It's now a world renowned company but it had humble beginnings. Thomas Clark Wild established a small pottery company in London as a family business in 1986. His sons, Fred and Tom, followed in their father's footsteps and kept the company going.

Many of the designs of Royal Albert pieces are inspired by English country gardens, and roses, of course, come to the forefront of each piece.

The company has made china for queens in England. The china was actually named after Prince Albert who became King George VI of England. Once called Albert Crown China, the Royal was added in 1904, according to the company's website. Then it became known simply as Royal Albert.


Today's teacup, Royal Albert's Rose Cameo Pink, has red, pink, and yellow roses against a creamy pink background with touches of white and, of course, green leaves. Gold edges the cup, handle tip, and saucer.



While my teacup collection has grown to include all kinds of cups, Royal Albert selections still make my heart beat just a little bit faster, since they are so beautiful.



P.S. Be sure to check out Martha's Favorites on the sidebar to see more gorgeous teacups. Terri's blog address is there, too!)

ARE ROYAL ALBERT PATTERNS APPEALING TO YOU?

21 comments:

Linda @ A La Carte said...

That cup is gorgeous! Such colors and who can resist roses!!

Terri said...

Oh I haven't seen this particular Royal Albert pattern before. I do love it! What a gorgeous color of pink and those roses are fab!!!
Perfect for a romantic tea setting.
Thank you for sharing your Royal Albert with us
: )

Victoria said...

Wow...stunning! I am Awestrick by this beauty!! I love the RA pattern..but have never seen it all adorned in pinks..lovely!! I am enchanted now!
Lovely post..Happy Tea Time!
Kiki~

Theresa said...

Such a beautiful pattern! So nice to read a bit about the history of Royal Albert~ Thanks for a lovely post and photographs of the rose pattern that is so gorgeous!
~Theresa

Lynn-Teacupstitches said...

I took your advice and did NOT enlarge the image because I know my heart would not stand it HA!! That is surely the most gorgeous teacup in the universe! Can you even imagine an entire place setting of it?
Thanks for sharing your treasure!!
Lynn

Diann said...

Oh, this teacup and saucer is just stunning! thank you for sharing it with us!!

The Tablescaper said...

What a gorgeous tea cup. It was neat to learn the history too!

- The Tablescaper

Susan J. Reinhardt said...

Now, that's one I'd find hard to pass up in an antique store. Thanks for the peek at one of your treasures. :)

Blessings,
Susan

Patricia said...

Oh my goodness - the tea cup is too beautiful for words. My favorite color is pink. The history is very interesting and one can see where the patterns are from an English garden. Thanks ever so much for visiting my blog and have a great remaining week.

Rita said...

OMGost,
your Royal Albert Cup and saucer are stunning. you are absolutely right: they are soooooooooo romantic and feminine. Although i do have quite a few teacups I could never set my hands on a Royal Albert... was intimidated by the price, I guess.
Thank you for sharing such a beauty
rita

Susan said...

I love anything Royal Albert Makes!! I have the Royal Alberts Old Country Roses China!!

Dianne said...

It's beautiful...

Lou said...

Ohhh this is absolutely beautiful! Can see why your heart skipped a beat! I have a tea set in the original Roses by Royal Albert.. with the white background.. but I absolutely adore the new look with the pink! Cant wait to see what you share next week!
Lou xx

Susan said...

Dear Visitors: Your comments warmed my heart. Thank you all sooooo much for stopping by and saying such sweet things. Loved having your visits. Please come back soon! Sincerely, Susan

Ginger said...

OH MY GOSH!!! Never have I seen anything more beautiful than your Royal Albert. I have the complete set of Old Country Roses and now I want to trade it in for yours........I didn't know it existed. Just beautiful, oh I want it soooo badly now. Thank you for sharing and for stopping by my blog.

Ginger

Linda O'Connell said...

What a beautiful tea cup and saucer! My daughter loves all things Victorian; she too has a tea cup collection.

Martha's Favorites said...

Susan: Your cup is beautiful. My favorite so far this week. Thank you for sharing it and for being a part of Tea Cup Tuesday, it would not be the same without you. Blessings, Martha

Susan said...

Dear Ginger, Linda, and Martha....Ohhhh, was so happy to see that each of you stopped by this evening! How wonderful! Loved your sweet comments. Please come back often, will you? Sincerely, Susan

Anonymous said...

I must say that cup makes me think of sitting in a warm, dewy garden on a golden Spring morning! So very beautiful and delicate. My late mom has a bowl/pitcher set that is probably 100 years old and the colors are much the same as your teacup. I am really drawn to the feminine pink color. Thanks so much for sharing.

BECKY said...

Hi Susan! I thought for sure I commented on this yesterday, but since I don't see it, I guess I didn't! Anyway....love the teacup and saucer! Bee-u-ti-ful!

Susan said...

Dear Mildred and Becky...So glad you both came by and commented. My very favorite color in the whole world is pink and, of course, I love roses, so the two together make me very happy. Hope you both have a good day today!

That goes for everyone! Sincerely, Susan

Related Posts with Thumbnails