Friday, October 15, 2010

Cobalt Blue Platter for Show and Tell Friday at Cindy's Blog, "My Romantic Home"





The cobalt blue platter in  a thrift shop happened to be in perfect condition.

But did our household need a cobalt blue platter?  Nooooo.  Was there ample storage space at home  for such a new acquisition? Nooooo.  Did it get put back on the shelf for someone else to buy?  Nooooo.  Instead, the clerk at the register rang it up, put it into a bag, and I took it home.

For whatever reason, maybe it was the deep, gorgeous shade of blue, that platter called my name. This past weekend, a stop at a farmers market was in order.  After all, pretty soon all farmers markets will close down until next spring. Sad but true. There are still plenty of delicious fruits and veggies available. They fill the stands and spill out of cartons and baskets.

Big, fat, juicy red ripe tomatoes and little, sweet baby tomatoes all came home. And where did I put them, to look like a painting?  Yup. Right on the little cobalt blue platter.  Sighing with delight, the only thought that came to mind was, "So that's why the cobalt blue platter turned out to be such a perfect purchase!"
When the platter does not have tomatoes on it, it holds a square blue vase with flowers and the salt and pepper shaker. (Shown above)

DO YOU HAVE A FAVORITE COLOR OF GLASS?

Hope you check out Cindy's enchanting blog, My Romantic Home, http://romantichome.blogspot.com/  to see some of the other entries for Show and Tell Friday. Her blog button is in the sidebar to the right. Click on it and, just like a magic carpet, it will take you to Cindy's blog!





11 comments:

Linda @ A La Carte said...

That is a gorgeous cobalt blue platter! I love that color. Not sure what is my favorite color of glass right now.

Jane said...

Beautiful platter and a great shade of blue!

Jane

Susan said...

Good morning, Susan! I hope you are having just a lovely and wonderful fall so far.

I love your cobalt blue glass! It's gorgeous. It's one of my favorites too. I also love ruby red and deep grass green. Those are my three favorite colors of glass, but I only have a few little pieces. I love the tomatoes on the platter~ you're right, it does look like a painting. :-)

A wonderful day to you,
Susan
http://clucklebees.blogspot.com/

mo said...

Blue glass is beautiful. Especially when the sun sparklews through it. Well, you know my favorite glass color. *wink* But I love all types of vintage glass. I am glad I had the opportunity to appreciate glass long ago. It is art in itself. *hugs*

Anonymous said...

YUP SUSAN...THAT IS ABOUT WHAT IT'S LIKE...WHEN WE SEE SOMETHING THAT SPEAKS TO US...WE JUST HAVE TO GET IT, AM I RIGHT!????

I love pink glass..and some teal and some green glassware....as an artist I find it really hard to say that I love just any one colour....all colours are my friends! lol

maybe that's why I have a mostly neutral home...because then that way I don't have to surrender to any one choice!

thanks for sharing!

ciao bella

CREATIVE CARMELINA

Tammy@T's Daily Treasures said...

Hey Susan, I have to say that blue is my favorite. It would definitely have made it home with me, too. Congrats on your one year blogiversary. I missed your past several posts. Just not enough hours in the day. I look forward to being with you for the next year. Best wishes always, Tammy

Rebecca said...

Cobalt blue IS my favorite color of glass (although I like turquoise, too, and have several pieces of it in our bedroom...) I can ImaGiNe how beautiful the platter looked with those fresh tomatoes on it!

Carolyn said...

I have never seen a cobalt blue platter before-no wonder you couldn't resist it!

Have a good weekend,
Carolyn

Chatty Crone said...

That is a gorgeous platter! I love that color very much - I love tomatoes too. They look yummy.

sandie

Doni said...

That's beautiful! What an awesome find! Thanks so much for sharing your find with us! I love your blog...I'm a new follower!
Come on by and join me for my giveaway if you'd like!
Blessings, Doni

BECKY said...

I love all glass colors! That cobalt blue is gorgeous!

Related Posts with Thumbnails