Thursday, October 14, 2010

For Dayle's Simple Pleasures Party: My Dolly



                                                  Dolly dear, you are so sweet,
                                                  With tiny shoes upon your feet.

                                                  Your hair is short and shiny gold,
                                                  Your face is pretty to behold.

                                                  A pink silk dress with frilly lace
                                                  Gives you a look of simple grace.

                                                  Dolly dear, you're quite a prize.
                                                  Are you a princess in disguise?


Something as small and insignificant as a six-inch doll may not cost much money and may not be earth-shattering,  but she can definitely be a simple pleasure.  This is true because every time I see her, sitting on my bedroom dresser, she makes me smile.

Now be sure to hop on over to  Dayle's blog, A Collection of This and That, http://alittleofthisandthat2.blogspot.com/ and check out all the other simple pleasures. Her blog button is in the sidebar, too!

18 comments:

Susan said...

Welcome (Bienvenidos) to Mariaestrella, this blog's 143rd Follower! Come back to visit soon, Mariaestrella! Susan

Adrienne said...

All your dolls are so pretty...

Chatty Crone said...

I love your simple pleasure - what a cute doll - and I liked your poem. sandie

Leslie {Goodbye, house. Hello, home!} said...

Oh, Susan!
I just love you!
You know why?
You have a child-like heart!
Sweet, no-pretense, joyful, hopeful!
Whenever I see your smile in my comments I just have to smile myself (thats a song, I think).
YOU are a doll!
Next time I have a giveaway, let's rig it so you win, m'kay!!??
HUGS!
~me

Karen said...

sweet - I can still remember some of my dolls from long ago. I have one stored in the bottom of the cedar chest. A great Simple Pleasure.
Karen

It's Just Dottie said...

I still love my dolls.
Dottie

Dayle ~ A Collection of Days said...

She's a beauty, Susan. What a lovely simple pleasure, and the poem as well.

Gail @ Victorian at Heart said...

Your dollie is adorable. When beautiful objects make us smile, they are priceless. Your poem was so inspiring. Thank you for posting.

Jane said...

Love your doll!

Jane

Nikki (Sarah) said...

awww. that's really sweet.

Susan J. Reinhardt said...

Ah, Susan, we doll lovers think alike. :)

Mom and I were in a store the other day and came across a small doll. Her cute skirt and sweater set, perfectly proportioned, delighted us.

Blessings,
Susan

Anonymous said...

Such a sweet poem to go with your pretty doll. I love how simple treasures can make us smile...Patty

Kay K said...

I love the doll ..sweet ... I still have some of my old barbies too , my favorite doll of all times was Chatting Cathy !!!
Thanks for sharing as I am so glad I have joined Simple pleasures.

Cindy said...

I love the simple pleasures that bring a little smile to our faces in this hectic world. Great simple pleasure.


Hope your having a blessed day.
Hugs,
Cindy

Susan said...

Thanks to Everyone for visiting and commenting. You are all the BEST!

Welcome to KK, this blog's 144th Follower. Hope you stop by frequently and enjoy!

Love, Susan

diane stetson said...

Oh my dear little dolly,
she has eyes of bright blue. etc. etc.

Trish said...

What a lovely little doll! No wonder she makes you smile. blessings..Trish

Jennie said...

I love little porcelain dolls. It's something my mom passed on to me. And now she is instilling that love in my own daughter. Very sweet!

Related Posts with Thumbnails