Saturday, February 18, 2012

The Birdhouse Lady



Today, I am honored to show you some of the beautifully painted birdhouses of Peggy Ammendola, a Chickasaw, Alabama, native who now lives in Western Massachusetts.


Some years back, Peggy took painting lessons from an artist in a town fairly close to where she lives. She did some primitive art on boxes and so forth.






Check out the Asian-styled birdhouse she painted on the side of the birdhouse. Isn't that absolutely adorable?



When a call went out in a nearby community for participants to paint birdhouses to be auctioned off, and help to fund raise, Peggy responded. 





Since then, she's painted a birdhouse every year for the organization.








Here's a photo of Peggy, who is a warm-hearted, kind, and personable lady, in every sense of the word!



In addition to the houses she donated to be auctioned off, she also has several beautiful ones right in her own home.

They are acually art pieces and, rather than be placed outside for the birds, they are inside for the enjoyment of the humans!





Peggy and her husband, Vince, have three absolutely charming cats. Their names are  Bear, Jellybean, and Suki.  One can tell all three are the "apples"  of Peggy's eye.





Hope you enjoy looking at this artist's lovely creations. The details are amazing including flowers and trailing vines, and, of course, a tiny birdhouse painted on the sides of every birdhouse!

Now just look at this gorgeous feline, in Peggy's arms.  I believe this one is Suki! Isn't that little precious face just  a prizewinner?




Many thanks to Peggy for allowing this blog post and to show all her birdhouses, too, around blogland.

She is a one-in-a-million kind of woman.

How could it be otherwise for someone who makes some of the most beautiful birdhouses imaginable!

DO YOU HAVE BIRDHOUSES IN YOUR YARD IN THE SPRING?

7 comments:

Shannon@Cozy Home Scenes said...

I am certain Peggy and I could be friends simply because of her sweet looking cats. I don't have cats now but used to have four cute ones. Her painted birdhouses are adorable. I like the Asian one but also like the brick cottage one. She is very talented. You are a very good friend to her to highlight her wonderful talent. Tell Peggy how much I appreciate her painting. I hope you have a fabulous weekend!-------- Shannon

BECKY said...

What beautiful bird houses! I'd almost hate to put them outside...rather keep them in, as some of my decor! :)

Anonymous said...

Hi Susan,
These bird houses are adorable. I don't have a bird house in my garden, but would love to have one.
Have a fantastic Saturday!
Eva

Linda @ A La Carte said...

Those are works of art! I do have birdhouses for decoration outside and some for the birds to use also. We have bluebirds all the time. hugs, Linda

Kit said...

What a talented lady for sure and I just love her cats. I am a cat person. And yes I have many birdhouses in my yard. Love them! Kit

Linda O'Connell said...

Such talent, and detailed beauty.

Chatty Crone said...

I think my favorite is the first one - I love that. And lets see - I do have a bat house. Does that work?

sandie

Related Posts with Thumbnails