Sunday, March 4, 2012

Are You a Candle in the World?




Candles, glass pieces, and rainbow-filled prisms all  have appeal.

A combination of all three is hard to beat.

When I came across these darling candle holders with hanging prisms, they spoke to my heart.




Does that happen to you? You find something that draws you in like a magnet?

I love placing these glass holders with prisms on small transparent plates, and then on the kitchen table, along with votive candles. They add to the ambiance.



To me, there's nothing like a little candlelight to help create a nice atmosphere.




Come to think of it, it's nice to think of "being" a candle in the world---bringing light  and warmth to others through our actions.

Whether it's delivering hot soup to someone who has a sore throat or giving a ride to a person without a car, doing a kind gesture, no matter how small, is being a "candle."

These days, my heart goes out to the people who live in the states that have been severely damaged in the twisters. 

I cannot even imagine losing everything---one's home, furniture, books, photos, and everything that makes a home.



If you cannot help in a financial sense, at least think about saying a prayer for those poor people who have lost so much.



I am so sad for them.



Joining Think on These Things on Lorraine's wonderful blog, With a Grateful Prayer and a Thankful Heart.






HAVE YOU MET PEOPLE WHO ARE "CANDLES" IN THE WORLD?


WHAT HAVE THEY DONE FOR YOU?

14 comments:

Chatty Crone said...

I have met and heard about candles - and do think you light up the world too Susan - I also pray for a the storm victims - I can't imagine losing everything. sandie

Bookie said...

Your candles are quite lovely and yes, candle light is nice...unless you have been using them because the electricity has been out for two days. No not me, but many here and elsewhere. I just hate tornadoes!

Dayle ~ A Collection of Days said...

Wow, Susan! I think we were on the same page today. How wonderful it is to meet people who truly shine the love of Christ, being candles to the world.

GratefulPrayerThankfulHeart said...

I cannot imagine what it is like to experience a twister much less the personal devastation it leaves behind. Your beautiful crystal and candles are lovely!

Thank you a bunch for sharing this at Think on These Things!

diane.stetson said...

"I'll be your candle on the water" is one of my favorite Disney songs.I do not light candles as I'm afraid of fires starting but I enjoy looking at other people's. I am praying every night for the tornado victims...so so devastating for them all....and the loss of life as well as property. God Be with them all.

Anonymous said...

What a beautiful post, my heart and prayers goes out to those who was in the middle of this!!

Rebecca said...

Yes, your combination (glass, prisms, candlelight) is beautiful...

I hardly know where to begin to pray/help those who grieve loss of life and property. I cannot fathom what they are going through.

Linda O'Connell said...

You are a candle in many lives. It takes one small flicker to light another, and you do just that.

Anonymous said...

Candles? My parents and dear husband come to mind first.
Your beautiful flower anniversary post was a blessing, too.

Susan said...

Hello my dear readers:

It is my dearest hope that each of you has a terrific day today.

Overnight this blog had four additional Followers come on board!

I am overjoyed to welcome Silvia, Annemieke, Carol, and Myrle!

Silvia's blog is Hetlijstje van brocante and she is from the Netherlands.

Annemieke's blog is Christe lijk leven. Annemieke, are you from the Netherlands, too?

Carol's blog is Our Sears Kit Home and she hails from Pennsylvania.

And last, but most certainly not least, Myrtle is a teacher who lives in central Florida. She has 3 blogs---Through the Lattice; Southern Sky; and A Light in the Window.

Welcome to each of you and thanks SO MUCH for Following.

Now go and have a wonderful Sunday! Hugs to all. Susan

Donna Heber said...

Hi Susan,

Your new candle holders are adorable!

Linda @ A La Carte said...

My heart goes out to those who have lost so much. I am so grateful for all I have. I have met 'candles' in this world for sure. Hugs, Linda

Unknown said...

This is so pretty. Candles always remind me of the light of Christ. I have lots of them throughout my home and always feel a sense of peace when I light one. Yours are so pretty in the crystal holders.
Hugs,
Mary

Laurie said...

You have given us so much to ponder today; your beautiful candle holders reflect such warm and glowing light, just as Christ asks us to reflect His light to the world. I do indeed pray for those caught in the path of the twisters and I am thankful for those who represent our Lord as they attend to their many needs, physical, spiritual and emotional.Thank you for sharing this, Susan.

Related Posts with Thumbnails