Monday, March 5, 2012

Spring Is Just Around the Corner


Spring really is right around the corner, right?

(I ask this question as snow falls outside the windows and the temperature is c-c-c-old.)


Ever hopeful for spring's arrival, I've been adding some decorating touches of spring around the house.


First of all, one of my sisters made this lovely starched "doily" hat too many years ago for me to count.




I found it when I went upstairs to the attic "storage" area. Had hung it on a pegboard. 

It's the prettiest little thing so down it came. Now it hangs next to a heart she made.



One year I found this saucy little number.  It looked kind of like fat jelly beans on  grapevines and I loved the look of it right away.



It's colorful and charming.  I put that baby outside on the front porch wall.


Adding a zap of color is this cheerful red glass birdie. Isn't he the cutest? 

 He was a Christmas gift from a sister and I just love him. It's like having a pseudo cardinal on the kitchen windowsill.








On the front door, down came the Valentine wreath, replaced by a springy pink one. It's so pretty with the pink ribbon blowing in the breeze!



Mr. Sunshine?  Please melt every flake of snow that is mucking up the sidewalks and driveways.

Come on down the track, spring. We are ready for you!

DO YOU CHANGE DECOR IN THE SPRING?

10 comments:

Kathe said...

Ooh I love your red bird! Iall of your decor lis lovely. I have several tulips peeking up outside! I so need the warmth of Spring! Sure wish it would hurry up and get here.

Linda O'Connell said...

A jelly bean wreath, how clever.

Heirloom treasures said...

very pretty,lots of memories there too. Enjoy your Spring as we gear up for Autumn, two of my favourite Seasons.
x jeanetteann

Susan said...

Oh your little doily hat and the heart are perfect spring decor. All the pretty pinks!
The little red bird is adorable.

Terri Tiffany said...

You certainly are ready for spring! No,I used to change decorations but this year they are all still packed in boxes!

Bookie said...

Oh your spring things look so festive and alive! Love the red bird too. I started two weeks ago with silk daffodils and Spring ornamant on the front porch...but down below hangs a yard flag with a snowman! Think I got to get back to springing things?

diane.stetson said...

Oh I hope the snow won't disturb your spring things. In New England you never know when spring will arrive even though it has a date on the calendar...I remember snow on Easter. Let's hope spring comes very soon to you. I love all the decorations. I remember your house in Arizona with eggs all over the place outside.

Tammy@T's Daily Treasures said...

I do love that little red bird. with the dust last week, temperatures got rather warm and muggy, but was a bit cooler today which was a shock to the system. Never know how to dress this time of year. Hope you are well. Hugs and blessings, Tammy

Anonymous said...

Such beautiful decorations ^_^ I love the red bird, he's cute. I have put my spring angels on the mantle piece.
Have a lovely week! Big hugs

Eva

Chatty Crone said...

Linda who follows your blog bought me a beautiful little redbird similar to that. I love the jelly bean wreathe and the items your sister made AND the wreathe on your front door. You are ready for spring, but don't you have snow? sandie

Related Posts with Thumbnails