Friday, March 16, 2012

Pink Glow in the Corner


Old-fashioned, fringed and satin lampshades seem to belong to another age but that doesn’t stop me from using them in our home.


Several years ago, the pink silky lampshade with fringes, shown above, made me stop in my tracks. We were in a Cracker Barrel gift shop in Arizona.



Our daughter, who was about 10 years old at the time, added the cut-out paper hearts. Immediately, I loved them and kept them throughout the years.

Our daughter is now a married lady so that shows how long those hearts have been around.



When we moved cross-country and back to New England, the carefully packed lampshade came with us.

When my Mom died, her crystal lamps came to me and the shade looked perfect on one of the bases.

So now, the lamp sits on top of a cabinet that holds the non-flat-screen tv. See? Proof that I like old-fashioned "anything."

Some cranberry glass pieces add to the scene.

Here's my absolute favorite piece of cranberry glass in the entire collection.



At night, everything in the corner of the room casts a pinky glow. I love how it all came together.

Today we are joining the party Show and Tell Friday on Cindy's blog, My Romantic Home.

Go and visit her blog. You'll love it!

WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE COLOR WITH WHICH TO DECORATE YOUR LIVING ROOM?

13 comments:

Bookie said...

Lovely things...would like to sit in the glow of that lamp some evening!

diane.stetson said...

My living room is beige and earthtones with chocolate accents and modern everything...ha..tastes are so different! I know you love pink anything so enjoy the glow Susan.

Susan said...

Susan I remember when Cracker Barrel had all those pink shades and lamps. I was in love at that time too. However today my taste have changed to more earth tones.
But I do reserve one room in my house for girly decorations.

Lady Linda said...

Susan, I must apologize! I couldn't get my comment to post and then I ended up with with several on you blog! Goodness. I think I deleted one, but I can't delete them all...so so so sorry!
Linda

Heirloom treasures said...

I so love crystal lamps,it looks so pretty the way you have displayed it with the lovely shade and glass
xjeanetteann

Debbie-Dabble Blog and A Debbie-Dabble Christmas said...

Every room in my home is a dofferent color!!
I LOVE this shade but then you knew my Victorian soul would, didn't you? And your cranberry glass is to die for!

Hugs,
Deb

Linda O'Connell said...

My favorite color is blue, but my bathroom which i love, is pink, and I refuse to let my hubby replace the pink wall tile.

Your cranberry glass is pretty.

Rebecca said...

Is that a clear-glass stopper in your favorite cranberry piece????

I think you know that I have a shade very similar to your fringed one....I wish I had some cranberry glass pieces to shine and glow UNDER mine :) Yours are so beautiful!

Linda @ A La Carte said...

Your shade is so sweet and you know I LOVE your cranberry glass! I like to decorate my living room in greens or blues. Right now we are needing new cushions and then will decide on a color scheme. hugs, Linda

Chatty Crone said...

I love the romantic rose colored glass! sandie

Tammy@T's Daily Treasures said...

I thought the hearts were a part of the lampshade. It certainly fits perfectly on your mom's lamp base. Hope your day is wonderful. Tammy

Susan J. Reinhardt said...

Whenever I need a dose of "pretty," I head over here. I'm never disappointed. Love the shade and cranberry glass!

Unknown said...


I have you saved as a favorite to check out new things you post
http://www.prokr.net/2016/09/tanks-isolation-companies-8.html
http://www.prokr.net/2016/09/tanks-isolation-companies-7.html
http://www.prokr.net/2016/09/tanks-isolation-companies-6.html
http://www.prokr.net/2016/09/tanks-isolation-companies-5.html
http://www.prokr.net/2016/09/tanks-isolation-companies-4.html
http://www.prokr.net/2016/09/tanks-isolation-companies-3.html
http://www.prokr.net/2016/09/tanks-isolation-companies-2.html
http://www.prokr.net/2016/09/tanks-isolation-companies.html

Related Posts with Thumbnails