Friday, July 13, 2012

From the Heart of a Child....


 It never ceases to amaze me how sweet and generous children are.


They often just act, rather than think .


One day this week, I happened to drive to a friend's house.  Her little boy came out and greeted me.


Now I love this kid. He's smart, witty and has a great personality even at the tender age of eight.


Before I left, he stooped over on the lawn, picked a single dandelion,  and proudly presented it  to me as if it were a bucket of gold.




In essence, it meant more to me than gold. It's was a gift from his child's heart.  With it came a smile that could have lit up the night sky.


Once home, I put my little dandelion in a small glass and eventually placed it on the windowsill between two cobalt blue bottles.




I love it. One glance in the direction of the dandelion makes me smile. 

How could anyone put a price tag on such a gift?






WHAT DO YOU LOVE ABOUT CHILDREN?

9 comments:

Anne said...

Susan what a sweet post. I bet that just made your day.

GratefulPrayerThankfulHeart said...

Super sweet!

diane.stetson said...

I love to work with children...guess that's why I became a teacher...I love everything about them...the wonder in their eyes, the smiles and silliness, the hugs they give you ...just a few of the things that make my day. Now that my own children are adults I can get all those things from my grandchildren...YAY!

Bookie said...

Lovely,a little radiant sun in a glass!

Nellie said...

Oh, I love EVERYTHING about children! Their eagerness, sense of wonder, enthusiasm, openness, love, comments that help us see the world differently, - I could go on and on! They are truly a gift from God!

I retired from a 25-year teaching career nine years ago, and what I miss most is being with the children.

We also parented three daughters. The oldest was 20 months old when twins arrived on the scene! There were some hectic times, true, but many, many more times to treasure!

It's a testimony to how you feel about children when you proudly display the dandelion on your window sill. That young man is an excellent judge of character, Susan!

Enjoy your week-end!

Chatty Crone said...

Their ability to help us see out of their young eyes again. sandie

Dee said...

What a wonderful and sweet post.A treasured gift indeed. :) I love their unconditional love and the goofy things they say...their is nothing better than to see a child smile or hear them giggle.

Susan said...

Hello Everybody!

Welcome to Lucy, this blog's 307th Follower.

Lucy lives in Canada, is a wife, and is also a mom to five children!

Her blog is Heart and Hearth. Stop by and visit her!

Thanks for Following, Lucy. Take care.

Hugs to all! Susan

Linda @ A La Carte said...

You know the love of a child is precious beyond compare!!

Related Posts with Thumbnails