Monday, August 27, 2012

Music of the Andes


Music of the Andes mesmerizes.

When I hear it, it goes deep into the soul.


 The instruments make strange, yet enchanting sounds.

While strolling outside Quincy Market in Boston, during a recent day trip, the vibrant sounds of Peruvian music floated through the air.

We walked in the direction of the performers.  There were three musicians, apparently representing a group called Inca Son.

They had  cds  for sale, too,  displayed on a brilliantly on a table  in front of them.

 It was covered with a brilliantly colored cloth. 

 We bought one as a wonderful memory of our afternoon in Boston.


You can read more about Inca Son by going directly to their website at  .http://www.incason.com/Wb_Hom.htm.

We also picked up one of their brochures. It noted "for additional information or to contract Inca Son please contact:  Inca Son, P.0. Box 381899, Cambridge, MA 02238-1899 USA




If you like music of the Andes, you might like to get one of their fabulous cds.


Cities have so much to offer. 

Just listening to this wonderful trio, in itself, made the trip to Boston worthwhile!

DO YOU LIKE MUSIC OF THE ANDES?

17 comments:

Joyful said...

I LOVE the music of the Andes. Someone borrowed a specially made for me cassette of Andean music years ago and never returned it :-(

Merlesworld said...

I have not heard much music from the Andes but am fond of the pipe music.
Merle...

Debbie-Dabble Blog and A Debbie-Dabble Christmas said...

I think I may have one of their CD's. There was a group that always came to the Bloomsburg State Fair here in Pa. and I did buy a CD. I will have to go now and look for it to see if it is them...

Hugs,
Debbie

Rebecca said...

Your trip to the city took you much further than Boston, didn't it?

Sounds fascinating, Susan. I'm not sure I've heard very much music from the Andes.....

Linda O'Connell said...

Yes-yes-yes, I love the music of the Andes. Have a great week susan.

Bookie said...

I like this music. I first heard it on the streets of Burlington, Vermont...years ago.

Nellie said...

Well, music of the Andes is music I haven't heard before. I will have to investigate!

xo Nellie

Linda @ A La Carte said...

This is new to me music. I will have to take a listen! Love to hear new music and try new things! Hugs, Linda

Dee said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Dee said...

OOps my post came out wonky...I was saying I have not heart this music but I am now curios about it. Thank you for sharing your day.

diane.stetson said...

I love music of the Andes...very soothing sounding. Thanks for sharing the lovely and colorful pictures.

BECKY said...

Susan, many years ago there was a group who played this beautiful music near where I live. In fact, it was SO long ago, they sold cassette tapes! I bought one and was so glad I did. The music is soothing, isn't it? I'll have to search through my old tapes and hope I still have it. Thanks for the reminder! :)

Barbara Neubeck said...

Hi Susan,
Music from the Andes.
It sounds so romantic.
I love the bright,happy colours of the cloth on the cd table.
I must try and find some of this music, from wwat i'm hearing ..it sounds beautiful.
Have a good week
Barb from Australia

Tammy@T's Daily Treasures said...

So glad you picked up one of their cds. In Germany, there were many street musicians to serenade us as we dined outdoors. :) Best wishes, Tammy

Chatty Crone said...

I think people in the north are more refined then me! lol I don't know the sound of the Andes. And we don't have a place in the city where we have things like that. Or if we do I don't know them. If anyone does let me know.

sandie

Starry Dawn said...

Hi Susan,
Yes! I know Music from the Andes, Andean Music, Music inspired
in the flight of the Condors, the soothing sound of the wind
penetrating the steep walls of the Machu Pichu Mountains, where the Incas
used to live long ago, before their disappearance from the face
of the Earth. Yes! I've got some tapes with Andean Music, especially
the version of their most popular song, "El Condor Pasa."
I love the Sikus Musical Instrument, which looks like a small wind pipe.
Well, I could send you an Email with more information about this
soothing music to the soul. Thanks for sharing this post with us!
I have just seen it... God bless you, Susan, and those you love.
Hope, Peace & Love,
Poet Starry Dawn.

Unknown said...

Hi Susan,
I had the same experience in 1990 in the same place....! What a great memory!
Regards,
Grant

Related Posts with Thumbnails