Saturday, May 11, 2013

Hyacinth Heaven


 Last fall, with hope of next spring in mind before the snows came, my hubs planted several hyacinth bulbs on either side of the brick walkway in front of our house.




He knows I absolutely love the fabulous fragrance of these lovely flowers.


Well, fast forward to spring of 2013 and the hyacinths are in bloom!

There are my favorite pinks, plus purple and white!


I am so grateful for these graceful harbingers of spring and for a husband who is so kind and thoughtful.

Today, the day before Mother's Day, is going to be a busy one. 

Among all the things there are to do is a stop-by at a brand new farmer's market. 

 I'll bring my camera in case there are good photos to share with you. 

Hope you have a delightful Saturday!

DO YOU KNOW ANYTHING ABOUT HYACINTHS?

10 comments:

Susan said...

Heaven for sure--I bet the fragrance is just spectacular! XOXO

Bookie said...

Looks nice and know you are so ready for spring too! Here is beautiful day but to be down to 38 again tonight. Pour rain for later in week...same old story. Here, flowers are not doing well. They struggle like we do to find and reach for the sun. Happy Mother's Day, Susan!

Glenda said...

I do not know much about hyacinths, but yours are certainly beautiful! How nice that your Hubby is ambitious enough to do such planting, and what a wonderful time for them to come up in bloom! Have a most blessed Mother's Day, Susan! :-)

Unknown said...

Hello from Spain: I like your flowers. I also love going to the Saturday morning market. It is a day relaxing and unhurried. I can not help with hyacinths. Keep in touch

Dayle ~ A Collection of Days said...

They are lovely, Susan, just like you. Happy Mother's Day!

Nellie said...

The hyacinths are lovely! That is another thing I need to be sure to plant! You keep giving me such ideas, Susan!:-)

Happy Mother's Day!

marianne said...

Hyacinths are so fragrant; they smell like spring for sure and the colors are wonderful. Your husband sure is thoughtful. Now you can both enjoy these beautiful flowers.

Ocean Breezes and Country Sneezes said...

All I know about hyacinths is they smell divine!! Have fun at the market!

diane.stetson said...

I love them and have three plants of them in my yard right now. They seem to survive in any kind of weather. SO pretty!

Chatty Crone said...

You are in spring - did you know it snowed way up north today? I love your flowers - I think if I had to pick I would pick the blues. Sandie

Related Posts with Thumbnails