Tuesday, November 19, 2013

Nectar of the Gods


Some people dislike eggnog.

Others thinks it's the bomb.

When it's made by a local dairy and is fresh, thick, sweet and creamy, I love it!

However, it's a decadent drink because it's so doggone fattening.

So when two containers showed up in our  refrigerator, (brought by  a sister and my daughter), there was only one solution---- make eggnog pound cake and freeze it fast.


It's not called "pound cake" for  naught!

I found a recipe for eggnog pound cake online and poured the batter into seven small pans.

It came out great and is absolutely delicious.


It'll make nice gifts as well as something to serve to guests.



Some of the luscious eggnog got consumed, of course.

My little granddaughter took one sip and proclaimed, in a tiny little 'whispery' voice, " Yummy."


Thankfully, the nectar of the gods is now all gone from this house. 

DO YOU LIKE EGGNOG?

6 comments:

diane.stetson said...

Only if it has rum in it.

Unknown said...

Hello from Spain: I never tried this drink but it looks to be delicious. I really like your biscuits. Keep in touch

The Old Parsonage said...

LOVE it!!! Add I little spirits for added kick - yummy:)

Flyboy and my Dad are the big eggnog drinkers in our family. They swig it all season long!!

Chatty Crone said...

I know you know this - but I don't know - but I will tomorrow.

Nellie said...

Oh, my! Do I like eggnog? I just bought some today!:-) It isn't for pound cakes, either.:-) I must admit, however, that is a good option.

Tammy@T's Daily Treasures said...

There was a time when I definitely did. I bet that pound cake turned out great. Spread the joy! :) Tammy

Related Posts with Thumbnails