Saturday, May 17, 2014

Thrifty Candles to Add Fragrance to the Home


What is it about thrift store shopping that makes it so much fun?

If I'm feeling sad or lonely, bummed-out  or discouraged, a sure cure is a jaunt to a thrift store!

Sometimes I buy very little and it still makes me happy. 

Is it like that for you, too?

When I come across good "junk" at rock bottom prices, it's a natural high.

This week, during a visit to a Goodwill in a different town from which we live, my scores were primarily with candles.

 
I found a nice Yankee candle with a  vanilla and berry fragrance.

I know Yankee candles, new, are pricey, and this one was $3.79. 

 Even right now it's filling the downstairs with sweet fragrance.



Also got a great big tall red soy candle from a company called Sugar Creek in Wisconsin, according to the label.  

Don't know the scent but it was a lot of candle for $2.79.


Then, I picked up a dozen of strawberry scented votives for less than $3.00. They are shown in the photo at the top of the post.

I'm always sending off little notes to buyers when I sell something on eBay (my eBay items button is on this blog's side bar) so it was fun to find pretty floral cards----20 of them for $2.99!


Thanks for visiting and reading to the end of this post!

  
Love sharing my thrifting finds with my sweet blog peeps.

Hope you have a happy Saturday!

WHAT WAS THE LAST BARGAIN YOU CAME ACROSS?

10 comments:

A Primitive Homestead said...

I find it fun to shop thrift stores. You scored good. I'll check out your eBay

Linda O'Connell said...

I am heading out the door to yard sales. I a, sure to find a bargain.

Unknown said...

Hello from Spain: I really like shopping. My last purchase was a cheap skirt. Beautiful candles. I love the smell of candles at home. Keep in touch

Bookie said...

Yes, thrifting is a lift on a bum day! Sometimes it is because we find things out of the past that take us back!

Merlesworld said...

They are cheap, I love fruit candles they do smell so good.
Merle..........

Chatty Crone said...

I love the smell of vanilla - makes me so relaxed BUT my daughter gets a migraine from it! lol

Unknown said...

Hi Susan
I always loved bargains.
These cards are beautiful! And I bet the candles smell lovely, love the smell of vanilla.
Enjoy your Sunday

Denise said...

I feel the same.A good treasure hunt is rather fun but relaxing too.I like to go to thrift stores alone,take it slow and HUNT.

Linda @ A La Carte said...

I don't do fragrance in candles since my allergies go berserk! BUT I do love the thrift shop and like you it's a pick me up when I'm down.
I found an ironstone creamer yesterday for .25...made me so happy!
hugs, Linda

Marilyn McLeod @ Pink Paper Cottage said...

I'm with you! I love thrift stores. Our little town in Oregon has a wonderful St. Vincent de Paul (we call it St. Vinnie's) that has so many neat finds. Both my husband and I go when we need that little "high" of buying some little thing. My last finds were some beautiful red toile fabric on a beige background for $4 for 2 yards! Another little piece for 50 cents. I love looking through their fabrics. Also found some Hawaiian notecards that I plan to use in my papercrafting, plus some old vintage chipboard embellishments (a whole box for $1.50). I love papercrafting, so am always on the lookout for things I can use on my little boxes and albums and cards. Goodwill seems too expensive to me and haven't gone to one for years, but I've heard you can decorate your entire house from Goodwill! Oh also, we got a like new loveseat for $5.00!

Related Posts with Thumbnails