Friday, August 29, 2014

Brown Palace Hotel Afternoon Tea


Afternoon tea at The Brown Palace Hotel in Denver, Colorado, is a class act.

I had the distinct privilege of being invited to afternoon tea by our immensely kind and generous host and hostess during a recent vacation.

Everything about the hotel and the tea oozes elegance, luxury and sophistication .


One is immersed in splendor in surroundings worthy of royalty.



The balconies, the stained glass ceiling skylight, and the dim yet elegant lighting all add to the atmosphere.


At afternoon tea, the tables are set with sparkling silverware, china and glassware, all of which call out "opulence."



One can select tea from a large variety of offerings.

Artfully designed sandwich "triangles" include curried egg, cucumber and ham and cheese. 



There are also plain and spinach scones, so flaky they crumble and melt in one's mouth.

(Notice the already missing scones and Devonshire cream, quickly scarfed before the camera had a chance to snap.)



A tad of Devonshire cream from England on them is a must.


Bite-sized dessert pastries are chocolate mousse cup, key lime dough rectangles topped with a raspberries, cherry cups and chocolate dipped vanilla fingers dipped in chocolate on one end.

The entire afternoon tea is something that will not be soon forgotten. 

It was one of life's must incredible and rare experiences.



Divine "dahling."  Simply divine.


HAVE YOU ENJOYED AN ELEGANT AFTERNOON TEA?

13 comments:

Lucy@heart and hearth said...

that is certainly over the top.
Thanks for commenting on my post too. When I freeze corn...I put the kernels in a pot with some water..I heat them just until they turn bright yellow. Then I drain the water and pour onto a large tray to cool it before I bag it up and freeze.

Aloha Acres said...

Beautiful photos. I wanna be there. ;)

Unknown said...

Hello from Spain: beautiful pictures of your afternoon tea. I really like the Hotel. Luxury. A great invitation. I had tea elegantly in London. Keep in touch

Linda O'Connell said...

Susan, you do have wonderful experiences. Those lady fingers are calling me.

Nellie said...

How amazing! This is a "must" if one is in Boulder!

marianne said...

Wow! Sounds like a very relaxing and tasty afternoon. I bet you didn't even have to think about dinner that day.

I have never been to a fancy afternoon tea such as this, but would love to some time. Enjoyed your pictures. I know you must have had a fabulous time.

Bookie said...

Such a lovely place. I would like to visit there...so glad you had a nice tea time!

Chatty Crone said...

I have had tea we have a lovely tea room here in Woodstock.

Have to be honest it is nothing elaborate as that - that was gorgeous.

Love the way they cut those cucumber slices.

The scones look good too!

diane.stetson said...

D-E-C-A-D-E-N-T and gorgeous!

Lady Linda said...

Oh oh oh oh oh! I love this post and what a treat to get to go there. Everything is so beautifully done. I went to tea in San Francisco once at a place that looked very much like this. I will have to find the name of it for you.
Thanks for sharing and your pix are lovely.
I am still in awe.

Linda @ A La Carte said...

I've had afternoon tea a few times and it was wonderful...not quite as elegant as this though.
hugs,
Linda

Tammy@T's Daily Treasures said...

Lovely. There are a few hotels here that do afternoon tea that I've enjoyed with friends. Always a wonderful time. Best wishes, Tammy

Anonymous said...

Hi Susan, I love the pretty mirrors and light fixtures and what a tremendous experience to have tea here. Lovely photos and such tasty treats!
Hope you have a nice Friday.

Related Posts with Thumbnails