Tuesday, September 23, 2014

A Heart Filled with Gratitude for Birthday Gifts


A very dear friend in Arizona once told me she celebrated her birthday for an entire month.


That meant all the days before her actual day of birth, the birthday itself, and all the days afterward!



Sounded like a great idea to me and I've done that ever since.


One thing about birthdays is that I hope I'll keep having them!  Ha!  (What  is the alternative, right?)


There's no waiting to open gifts. As soon as one arrives in the mail or in person, I open it with great glee!

Look at how gorgeous the one below was wrapped! 


 That took a lot of time and effort on the part of the sweet giver, that's for sure.


In this post, I'm sharing with you just some of the lovely gifts received.

Perhaps another day, I'll share a few more, if you don't mind. 



To say my heart is filled with love and gratitude is an understatement.

 It's filled to the utter brim and overflowing.

Thanks to all my beloved blog peeps, too, for your sweet birthday wishes. 


Now, on to the rest of the month!

HOW DO YOU LIKE TO CELEBRATE YOUR BIRTHDAY?

15 comments:

Linda O'Connell said...

It looks like you had a marvelous birthday and received many nice gifts. Those little cheekies are so cute.

Anonymous said...

Happy birthday! Looks like it was a wonderful month of celebrating!

In my family, we have several weeks of celebrating. In the 2 1/2 months from Thanksgiving to Valentine's Day, we have 4 birthdays (hubs and I are 2 days apart), our wedding anniversary, Christmas, Thanksgiving, New Years, and Valentine's Day. From mid-February to late November, we have nothing. Maybe we ought to celebrate half birthdays.

Have a lovely day,
Patti

Unknown said...

Hello from Spain: congratulations for your birthday. I love the gifts you had. I like to celebrate my birthday for a week. I like to invite my friends to lunch and eat with my family. My husband always surprise me with a trip. Keep in touch

diane.stetson said...

I just like to have my kids and grandkids celebrate with me. It's always fun to have family around. As I get older I love to have them even more! Have fun with all your new gifts Susan!

Susan' Hearts and Flowers said...

I love your birthday gifts. Happy Birthday!!

SImple and Serene Living said...

Looks like you have had a wonderful birthday, sweet friend. My mom has always seemed to be able to draw her birthdays out for a long time. I'm always happy to just have one special day. xo Laura

Unknown said...

I love the idea of a month long celebration! Hope you had a wonderful birthday :)

Nellie said...

I'm sure I missed your birthday, but I'm for celebrating it all month long!

My birthday? Our oldest daughter was born on my birthday, so the celebrating really moved along to her. April is our month, with my husband's birthday two days later.

Jemma@athomewithjemma said...

Oh Susan,
Happy Birthday my blogging friend!
I think this is a super idea.

Jemma

Dayle ~ A Collection of Days said...

Happy belated birthday, Susan, and many more!

Lucy@heart and hearth said...

Dear Susan, Wishing you the happiest of years. Thank you for your bright voice here in blog land! Glad I know you:)
Lucy~

Denise said...

I'm a Sept girl too :)

Chatty Crone said...

That bow was just awesome and unbelievable! And i love the angel picture frame - happy birthday again.

Judith @ Lavender Cottage said...

Belated birthday wishes, and thanks for dropping by my autumn tea post. I like your thinking for we really should live each day to the fullest and celebrating our BD for the whole month sounds delightful!

Susan J. Reinhardt said...

A belated Happy Birthday, Susan!

I stretch out my birthday as well. February is usually so dismal, so it adds a bit of cheer. The Olive Garden is my favorite restaurant, and there's nothing nicer than going there with Mom and sometimes my stepson and/or friends.

Have a wonderful year filled with God's blessings.

Susan :)

Related Posts with Thumbnails