Monday, September 22, 2014

Autumn Around the House



It's autumn around New England as well as around our house.

Little touches are popping up here and there.


Luckily, a stop at a thrift store turned up several dried bouquets in perfect condition.

Perhaps someone got sick of the same old decorations and donated them.


They are perfect and each cost less than $3.

Loved a couple of front porch rugs at Big Lots so they came home, too!


A few fall-themed dish towels replaced some of the old tattered ones.                                                                                               
                                                                  

                                                          
There are pumpkins here and there, too.                                            

Guess you could say I "fall" for fall every time!


WHAT IS A FAVORITE FALL MEMORY OF YOURS?

7 comments:

Susan' Hearts and Flowers said...

Love your touches of fall. I have found that thrift stores are a great way to find seasonal items.

diane.stetson said...

I do not have a favorite fall memory but I do love the songs " Autumn Leaves" and "September Song"...would they count?

Anonymous said...

you are in the autumn mood ...lovely! i just love autumn...we have a beautiful view, across our home...the only bad about autumn here in holland is that most of the Dutch people ride bicycles, its the land of the bykes..lol...and with all the leaves its dangerous...but i can already feel its cozy cold in the mornings...blessings friend!

Chatty Crone said...

I love your fall decorations - they remind me that all the holidays are coming and that excites me!

Dee said...

I was just thinking when I started visiting my blog friends that I bet your house is as cute as a button for fall. I was right ♥ I think my favorite memory of fall is being on a road that went up a hill and along the side of the road all the way to the top of the hill was a field of pumpkins...I never forgot how pretty it was....

Linda @ A La Carte said...

I love Fall and I think taking Tiger to the Corn Maze last year was so much fun!!!

Zaa said...

There's such a happy glow around your house... and your way ahead of me in fall decorating ... Autumn is full of so many "awe' memories and I find the smell and colours of the season invigorating ... Thanks for your sweet visit and sharing. Hugs

Related Posts with Thumbnails