Sunday, January 4, 2015

Vacation's Almost Over





This is the last day of what has been a splendorous Christmas vacation. 

I still worked a couple of my part-time jobs but kept my schedule quite flexible.


Tomorrow the regular routine resumes.

Yesterday I spent most of the day dismantling Christmas decorations. 

Did I finish?  Nooooo,  not by a long shot but I got a good jump start on the rather onerous task.

A letter to the editor in yesterday's daily newspaper made me sad. 

It was written by a neighbor whose cat was killed Christmas night by a hit and run driver right on our street.



He had let the kitty out to get a breath of fresh "snow less" air and 20 minutes later, some cruel person smashed a car into him and left him dead in the street.

Reading the letter out loud to my hubs, my voice cracked up and tears filled my eyes.



Why do things like that happen?  That poor little kitty was just crossing the street and didn't deserve to die such a cruel death.

The driver didn't even bother to stop and investigate. He or she just took off like a "coward," as the letter writer stated.  I agree.  That was a most cowardly thing to do.


In tragic life moments like this, all we can do is turn over our sadness and not give up on humankind.

HOW DO YOU KEEP AN OPTIMISTIC SPIRIT?

6 comments:

Linda @ A La Carte said...

That is so sad! I would cry also. I guess we just have to hope that more good things happen then bad!
hugs!!

Tammy@T's Daily Treasures said...

Poor kitty. Sadly, it also happens with people and how in your right mind do you drive away from that? We had to go back to school today after 2 weeks off for winter break. Woke to a very foggy morning. Tomorrow Yusef arrives from the States and I'm hoping the weather will be better as there were many flight delays and diversions and the airport was closed last night due to weather conditions. Have a good day. Tammy

diane.stetson said...

There are many hit and run accidents here too Susan..with humans...not just animals. I have no idea how those people who drive away can live with themselves.
You've got to "accentuate the positive, eliminate the negative" so says the song.Turn everything over to the Lord is the way I stay positive.

Linda O'Connell said...

Sad story today, Susan. In our town there have been hit and run accidents with humans. My friend's son was killed this way. How can someone drive off?

Chatty Crone said...

Do you know another blogger friend of mine lost her dog on Christmas day to the same thing - and it was a hit and run. How can people do that?

Red Rose Alley said...

I'm so sorry to hear the kitty story, Susan. I keep optimistic thinking that good will always be greater than bad.

love,
~Sheri

Related Posts with Thumbnails