Wednesday, June 3, 2015

Citronella Candle




While looking forward to spring, summer and fall all through the winter, there is one aspect of those seasons I thoroughly dislike-----mosquitoes.

I absolutely hate being bitten as the aftermath causes intense, extremely unpleasant itching.

The other day, wanting to sit outside on the lounge for awhile to get some sun, but hating the thought of mosquito bites, I decided to take charge.

A three-wick citronella candle came with me.

The scent it gave off was rather pleasant and guess what?

Not one single whining mosquito came near me!  Hurray!

HOW DO YOU DETER MOSQUITOES IN THE WARM MONTHS?

9 comments:

Linda @ A La Carte said...

I hate mosquitos so so much. I like Citronella candles!

Linda

Bookie said...

Just read that a spritz of Listerine does the trick. Haven't tried but I will!

diane.stetson said...

I do not have them hardly at all where I live...so thankful for that!

Chatty Crone said...

I am with you on these - and I bought a three wick citronella candle too - the only thing is mine isn't as pretty as yours!

Kamyria said...

I don't like mosquitoes and I do love citronella candles. Last year I got really upset when Health Canada announced a ban on citronella... lol They reversed their idiotic decision since, thank goodness.

Barbara Neubeck said...

.. we use citronella to repel the mozzies. Kyton has a collar that sprays citronella if he barks... he hates it and won't bark if he has it on. I have a tissue soaked in citronella in a plastic container and I put it on my chair when I'm not using it, this keeps Kyton off my chair.. xxxx
Hugs ... Barb xxx

SImple and Serene Living said...

Mosquitos love me. I hate them. I use citronella candles, too. xo Laura

Red Rose Alley said...

Susan, what a lovely candle this is. I didn't know that citronella was good for keeping the mosquitos away, that's interesting. I'm glad they didn't come around, they can be such pesky little guys.

Have a sweet Friday and good weekend, Susan.

love, ~Sheri

TARYTERRE said...

you found the perfect solution to ward off those pesky mosquitoes. citronella candles always do the trick.

Related Posts with Thumbnails