Tuesday, August 4, 2015

Flowers in a Seaside Town



Displays of colorful summer flowers are gifts of warm weather.

Rockport, Masssachusetts, a delightful seaside town, has umpteen dozens of flower displays lining main walkways, front yards and side streets.




Oh my goodness!  A person who loves photography would go crazy there.  

I qualify.



During a recent one night stay in Rockport, it was almost impossible to keep my camera from clicking. 



Such loveliness!  Such total and incredible visual delight!



It is enough to fill one's heart to the brim with gratitude for the gifts of nature and the immense gift of sight, all from the Heavenly Father.  What a generous parent He is!



Wow, wow, wow.  Hope readers of this blog will enjoy the never-ending photos of Rockport's blooms. 



WHAT DO YOU LOVE MOST ABOUT VISITING NEW PLACES?

10 comments:

Chatty Crone said...

Oh my goodness Susan - that area is just gorgeous - looks like Heaven - I just love all those colorful flowers!

diane.stetson said...

Wow I guess Massachusetts does NOT have a drought like we do here in So. Cal. Gorgeous flowers...loved all your photos. When I visit a new place I take in everything...the people, the food, the buildings...the shops..and local customs including music and dance.

Unknown said...

Hello from Spain: I really like your photos. This place is fabulous. Pretty flowers. I love seeing new places. Keep in touch

Dayle ~ A Collection of Days said...

Beauty!

Bookie said...

These flowers are gorgeous...all of them. I remember the few times we were in New England that the flowers were all rich and full. I guessed it might be somewhat cooler there and of course a shorter growing season so people make it all worthwhile while they can. Here...I just dumped a few more yesterday...but bought some clearance crotons for $1...they should go into fall now.

Ceil said...

Hi Susan! These are just beautiful photos...the colors just jump out at me! I really enjoy the different plants and flowers in the summer months. I'm not very good at naming them, but I really like to see them!

When I travel, I like the history of the places I see. How old are the towns, who lived there? So many hidden stories.
Blessings!
Ceil

Anonymous said...

As a kid I liked to explore still do.
Merle...............

Merlesworld said...

Why am I ANONYMOUS Mr blog, will it happen twice.
Merle........

Linda O'Connell said...

These are gorgeous, and make me feel happy just to look at them.

Red Rose Alley said...

This town is adorned with so many cheerful flowers! I think my favorite thing about visiting a new place is their downtown. If they have a charming downtown, then my day was well spent.

Have a wonderful rest of the week, Susan.

~Sheri

Related Posts with Thumbnails