Monday, August 3, 2015

Artful Architecture



Whenever we visit a city, town or village different from the one we live in,  the architecture instantly draws my attention.

Don't you just love to see how other people live?



While the traditional New England white homes with black shutters appeal, seeing homes painted in pastels with different colored shutters are pretty, too.

For instance, in Rockport, Massachusetts, this yellow building with periwinkle blue shutters exuded charm!


Isn't it adorable?

It actually houses the Rockport Art Association.

Across the street was this building with American flags lining the upper part. Very patriotic! 

It also had a golden eagle flying above the flags. See it?




Here are more flags, on a totally different building, that are nicely displayed. 



 Just about every New England village, this seacoast town included, has a stately white Protestant church. 

This one is pretty, indeed.




It's so nice to get away for a short time and enjoy the surroundings of a different town.


WHAT STYLE OF HOME DO YOU LIKE BEST?


8 comments:

diane.stetson said...

I love to see the different styles of homes and buildings too. That's why I LOVE to travel. My own taste is for a one story ranch and I live in one. As I get older I hate the thoughts of climbing stairs every day ..ha ha ha.

Chatty Crone said...

Thanks for sharing some sites from that area - I do like to see the traditions others have. My nephew lived near Boston once and said that in his area everyone's front door was red. I do love those blue shutters.

Donna said...

We love Rockport, Susan. I've blogged about it many times - it's such a fun day trip. I'm afraid we haven't been in about 3 years. I think another visit is in order in the near future.
Thank you so very much for your kind words regarding our Tiger girl. She will be missed, but we realize how blessed we were to have her for 22 years. Most of our previous kitty family members have crossed the rainbow bridge at around 16 years of age, so we feel like we got a bonus 6 years with her. I'm so sorry about your Honey cat. They leave such a lasting impression on us, don't they? I do believe that someday we will all meet up with our fur babies again. Thank you again, Susan.
Donna

Unknown said...

Hello from Spain: I really like the English style houses. I really enjoyed watching your photos in these buildings so beautiful. Keep in touch

Karen Lange said...

I too am drawn to different types of architecture. We used to live not far from Cape May, NJ, and it was always interesting to see the Victorian homes there.

Thanks for stopping by my blog, and for checking out the guest post too. Have a great week! :)

Sandi said...

Fantastic colors!

Merlesworld said...

I like homes set in the country with big all around veranders.
Merle.....

Martha's Favorites said...

Hi Susan: Thank you so much for praying for me. I have been so sick. It is a pinched nerve. I am getting better but it is slow. Your a dear friend. Blessings, Martha

Related Posts with Thumbnails