Tuesday, September 22, 2015

A Gift from the Heart



Having dear and loving friends and family members who remember you in thoughtful ways is a great gift in life.
 
If one of the friends just happens to be immensely talented and artistic, it's extra special!

Jana, who fits the above description, sent me a birthday gift recently from Georgia.

This is the festive contents I saw when the box was opened!



Jana had cross-stitched a pillow!  

 Knowing I love lambs and pink roses, the pillow has both!

 I love it!



She also made the birthday card that was enclosed! 




It was the most beautiful card received and I have no idea how she could make it.



 Yes, I have a September birthday and love to celebrate the whole month! ha!

She also tucked in a carry-all bag and a tea cozy.  



What a sweet friend she is. Did I tell you she was talented, too?

It's so good to be alive and have another birthday to celebrate. 

I am very, very grateful for life as well as for beloved family and friends.

p.s. I'll share a few other gifts with you, too, so, if interested, stay in touch over the next few days.

WHAT DO YOU LOVE TO DO TO CELEBRATE "YOU" ON YOUR BIRTHDAY?

9 comments:

SImple and Serene Living said...

What a sweet and thoughtful gift. I love that people still cross stitch. Hope you're having a wonderful birthday month. XO Laura

Chatty Crone said...

Well I think you need to make a trip to Georgia to thank her - fly into Atlanta - I can pick you up and take you there! LOL Those were very beautiful gifts. HAPPY BIRTHDAY!

diane.stetson said...


Susan I like your fall "header" on this blog. I hope you have fun celebrating the last few days of your birthday month.

Terri Tiffany said...

Wow she was good to you! What a fun opening of that present! She must know your tastes. Happy Birthday to you this month!!

marianne said...

Nice gifts; must have been fun to receive and open all the surprises. That's what I like, some surprises on my birthday. A cake, of course. and having my family come to help me celebrate.

Can't believe it is the last week of September! The weather has been superb and it looks like it will continue through this week. Enjoy...

Debbie said...

Beautiful things from a wonderful friend!! I hope you enjoy the rest of your birthday month <3

Babs said...

Have a parade, fireworks, picnic, and attend a concert with 18,000 other folks! Now
That's a grand celebration!!!!!

Unknown said...

Hello from Spain: Jana's gifts are lovely. You're a lucky person. You have very good friends. On my birthday I like to eat cake with my family and my best friends. Keep in touch

Tammy@T's Daily Treasures said...

What wonderful gifts. I haven't cross-stitched in so long. Really must get back into it. Best wishes, Tammy

Related Posts with Thumbnails