Wednesday, January 13, 2016

Milk Glass




Whenever I see milk glass, it propels me back to childhood and a neighbor named Loretta.

She lived in the house next to ours and she was very feisty.

Inside her rather charming house, there was lots of milk glass.

It was very pretty and quite old-fashioned looking.

From time to time, throughout the years, I've picked up pieces of milk glass but, quite honestly, it's not one of my favorite kinds of glass.

With pink flowers in it,  it's quite dashing, though,and I should really put more pieces out or let them go.


 DO YOU LIKE MILK GLASS?

7 comments:

Chatty Crone said...

Let me tell you Linda Ala Carte and our friend Sue has quite a wonderful collection. I have seen it and it is quite beautiful so I know yours must be.

Linda @ A La Carte said...

I do love milk glass! I have a small collection and enjoy using the pieces here and there.
hugs
Linda

Bookie said...


Since bringing home a milk glass pitcher from my inlaws' farm, I have found more interest in the stuff. Although I think it is pretty, it just wasn't for me. Like you, I have picked up a few other pieces now. You know milk glass was a favorite of Gladys Taber, a New England writer.

diane.stetson said...


Gave all of mine to Good Will years ago.

Tammy@T's Daily Treasures said...

I think you are just more drawn to your colorful clear class collections but it's nice to change things up. Milk glass does look lovely with flowers.

marianne said...

I especially like a fragrant bouquet of purple lilacs in a white milk glass vase...

Red Rose Alley said...

Milk glass reminds me of vintage pieces, and some items can be pretty. How funny that your milk glass reminds you of your friend, Loretta growing up. Childhood memories always seem to surface, don't they? Sometimes I will smell a candle or perfume, and it reminds me of something from my childhood. :)

~Sheri

Related Posts with Thumbnails