Tuesday, May 31, 2016

Fantasia Violet Geraniums


One weekend this spring, students at Miss Hall's School in western Massachusetts had a plant sale.

 Light pink geraniums were on my mind for our window boxes.


 
So I drove to the school, parked the car, and headed for the plants, filled with hope.

  Light pink geraniums bobbed in the sunshine but the deep pink ones, shown in this post, stole my heart.




They were so bright that I had to squint to look at them. 


                                                            (Million bells)   

 Their deep, dark green leaves set off the color of the flowers.

The bountiful beauties were called Fantasia Violet geraniums, even though they are definitely not violet in color.



They now sit on either side of pink million bells in the two
window boxes in the front of our house.



A light pink geranium came home with me, too, and now sits in a big pot at the base of the back yard fountain.

Don't you just love spring?

WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE GERANIUM?

14 comments:

Lady Linda said...

Hi Susan, such pretty flowers! I love the color. I love geraniums because they just flower and flower and last so long here into the fall. I like them all...the scented ones are fun but more fragile.
I actually did some work in the garden today.My knee has been giving me trouble, so haven't felt like planting much.

Susan said...

Welcome to this blog's newest Followers.

I'm not sure who you are but if you would like me to introduce you and your blog, please let me know.

Thank you so much for Following. Hope you stop by often.

Hugs to all. Susan

diane.stetson said...

I have a pink one in my yard right now and love it They are easy to take care of and come up every single year...love them.

Barbara Neubeck said...

.. I love geraniums Susan... one of my favourite flowers.
I have a deep velvety red one growing in my garden..I'm always taking photographs of it.. xx
Hugs.. Barb xxx

Linda @ A La Carte said...

I'm such a pink girl but I do love red geraniums!

Chatty Crone said...

I have to say that their color is just beautiful with your white house! Just beautiful.

Funny we are in summer here. lol

Susan said...

i love the pink varieties too and did that last summer, but this year, I did red like my Grandma did. Yours, are just gorgeous and add such a pop of color to your home. Happy, happy, XOXO

Brenda @ Its A Beautiful Life said...

Oh yes, we love Spring. We sure like geraniums too. You have some happy looking plants there. Thanks for sharing this wild bit of colour with us!

Happy day...
Brenda

Sandi said...

These are so beautiful!

I put pots of geraniums on our deck last summer and they attracted ants! :( I was so sad.

marianne said...

Just getting ready to plant some red and pink geraniums in the planters on our deck. Also have some vinca vines to add. Hoping the geraniums will do well as the oak tree has gotten bigger and makes more shade. I think geraniums do best with lots of sun. It will be interesting to see how they grow.

Yours look great against your pretty lace covered windows. It's fun to have windows boxes as you can enjoy them from inside and outside the house.

Sure is nice to be in the planting time of year!

TARYTERRE said...

I LOVE geraniums. They last til the first frost and just keep giving and giving with their pretty blooms. The pink ones you choose are beautiful.

Donna Volkenannt said...

Lovely photos of flowers. Spring is such a colorful season!

Unknown said...

I love geraniums and spring, although it is starting to feel much more like summer here. The geraniums you selected look very nice in that window box, and I love the lace window curtains.

I'm Downtown

Linda O'Connell said...

They are so pretty. I always wanted a window box.

Related Posts with Thumbnails