Sunday, August 14, 2016

Tasty Pub Lunch


The above sign, found at the entrance to a restaurant we will tell you about,  brings food for thought for diners.  

Whenever I am indecisive, I'll think of it! 

I found it to be a bit humorous, too, and it's good to have a hardy laugh every day!




After lots of walking along the Bridge of Flowers and over to the glacier potholes in Shelburne Falls, Massachusetts, it was time for lunch.

Almost everyone we asked suggested we go to West End Pub.  

Located to the left of the Bridge of Flowers, it was easy to find and very populated.

We had to wait for a table and that's when I found the sign!

 Now that we have enjoyed their delicious offerings, I understand why it was so highly recommended.

I had a bowl of lip-smacking chowder, a salad with peanut lime dressing, and a piece of foccaccia bread.

Because it was a very hot day, for a drink I ordered a glass of cold Berkshire ale.  

Everything got an A+.


Considering I'm a very discerning diner, three A+ ratings are over the top.


If you ever travel to Shelburne Falls, add West End Pub to your itinerary.

WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE LUNCHEON  DRINK?

10 comments:

diane.stetson said...

ice tea loved that lunch there

Chatty Crone said...

I love that sign and if I am ever there I will come by and pick you up and we will go together -looks wonderful.

Jeannie Marie said...

It sounds like a great place to have lunch! I like unsweetened iced tea as a lunch beverage. That sign is hilarious! I will remember it!

Stephanie said...

Oh my, what a funny sign! Thanks for the smile, my friend :)

I must confess that I typically drink only water with meals {boring, I know}. I enjoy coffee in the mornings and afternoon, but that is about the extent of what I drink.

Have a lovely week! Hugs!

TARYTERRE said...

That sign brightened my morning. TRUTH was never clearer.

GratefulPrayerThankfulHeart said...

Love the sign! And your meal looks delicious! I'd love a bowl of the chowder!!!

Kit said...

Hi Susan! Oh my your chowder looks wonderful. Makes me think of the chowder in Oregon. Yummy! Favorite drink, is unsweetened tea! With a slice of lemon. I could drink it all day and I do! Have a great week! Kit

Barbara Neubeck said...

.. Lovely lunch you had.... I usually have a cold lemon squash when I go to a pub or club... at home I have a cup of tea, always a cup of tea.. lol...it's my weakness.
I love the sign.. ... Barb xxx

Red Rose Alley said...

Susan, you always go to the most delightful restaurants. I'm not a big fan of chowder, but this looks delicious. The bread looks tasty too. I wish we could go to a restaurant together and just talk and talk. I know we would be good friends.

love, ~Sheri

Babs said...

Yummy Cranberry juice mied with tonic water Add a lime. Mmmmm lup smackin' good and very refreshing on a hot summer day!!!!

Related Posts with Thumbnails