Friday, January 13, 2017

Darling Dollies



During a visit before last Christmas, my daughter and her family went with me to an estate sale.


The woman whose estate was being sold apparently had numerous moving dolls, all holding lighted candles, on her front enclosed porch each Christmas season.




Each doll was about three feet tall and in pristine condition.

My little granddaughter fell totally in love with a precious brunette doll dressed in a fancy red velvet and white silk dress.




I favored an equally fashionable one, with blonde hair, dressed in a satin dress in my favorite color, pink, with cranberry colored velvet accents.



Truly, the lace, satin and velvet dresses of the darling dolls were stunning, right down to their lacy sleeves.

My daughter  decided to forgo buying a doll, however, much to the chagrin of my granddaughter.



The little lady in pink came home with me.


After my daughter and her family went home, I returned to the estate sale and bought the doll dressed in red and white, for my granddaughter.  

Both "fashionistas", which she deemed sisters, joined us this past Christmas and added extra charm to our holiday celebrations.



Guess what? 

 The little $10 sweethearts are going to live with me year-round and my grand will play with them when she comes to visit.

DO YOU LOVE BUYING THINGS YOUR CHILDREN OR GRANDCHILDREN LOVE?

12 comments:

Red Rose Alley said...

Oh, I'm glad you went back to get the other doll, Susan. They really DO look like sisters, both sweet in their own way. How nice of you to get this for your granddaughter. She will love it when she comes over to visit. And they're both holding lighted candles, how special. Keep shining your light, Susan. You are a dear one.

~Sheri

TARYTERRE said...

I love animated dolls like that. So sweet. I had a pink bunny rabbit that danced and sings Easter Parade that my granddaughter adored when she was little.

Chatty Crone said...

You surprised her!!!!!!!!!!!!! You are such a great grandmother. Yes I do like buying things for Andy.

Merlesworld said...

At the moment very much so.
Merle............

Donna Volkenannt said...

What a sweet surprise for your granddaughter. The dolls are beauties. I love buying gifts for my grandchildren, who are now young adults. No matter what age, they still are a joy!

Linda O'Connell said...

Those dolls are darling, and they have been adopted by a great doll lover and her little dear.

diane.stetson said...

Boy I bet that doll was as big as she is..ha ha. I'm sure she will enjoy that doll as much as her Grandma will.

Linda @ A La Carte said...

I love buying things for my Grands and surprising them. Tiger especially loves it and even years later will say, Oh Grandma you got me that (insert item) and I still love it, thank you!

SImple and Serene Living said...

They are very precious and I am sure your granddaughter was thrilled. xo Laura

Barbara Neubeck said...

.. I do like buying things for my grandchildren and great grandchildren but have had to just make it for Birthdays only because I now have 17 0f them ... hehehe.. xxx and I love them all.. xxxxxx Barb xxxx

Tanzir Rahman said...

I love your darling dolls. Nice blog. Thanks for sharing.
clipping path service | photo retouching service |
neck joint service | photoscissor

Lady Linda said...

Precious story.

Related Posts with Thumbnails