Wednesday, January 11, 2017

Birthdays Are for Celebrating!


Birthdays are for celebrating!

Who doesn't like to have people come together to honor a person on the  day she or he was born?

One of my very precious nieces, Sarah, had a special birthday this month.



There was a gala bash at her charming home.

Her hubs, who is a fabulous cook, made all of Sarah's favorite dishes.



There was yummy chicken Parmesan, salad,  green beans with bacon bits, gnocchi (first for me),  and garlic bread.


Oh!  We cannot forget to mention there was strawberry and vanilla birthday cake, too, with cream cheese frosting.


There was a big, bouncing balloon bouquet. 

Balloons always lighten up the atmosphere, especially for kids.

Here are some other highlights of the party:

 * Everyone signed a poster, telling what they loved about Sarah!



*   A floral bouquet (shown at top of post)


* Lots of fun and laughter.

Here's to a brand new, truly terrific new year of life for this darling young woman and  person extraordinaire.

DO YOU LIKE TO GO TO BIRTHDAY PARTIES?  DO YOU LIKE IT WHEN THERE'S A BIRTHDAY PARTY FOR YOU?

10 comments:

diane.stetson said...

Oh a Very Happy Birthday to our dear niece. She is such a hard worker and I'm so glad that she had her favorites for her celebration and family around her. I am trying to forget my birthdays although I would rather have them than the alternative...ha ha ha. Mine is next Wednesday and I have no particular plans in store. Glad you had a good party at out nieces.

Linda said...

I only like attending parties for someone very close to me (not work parties or anything like that, ha), and yes, I do enjoy a party on behalf. We've hosted our share over the years, every birthday is a huge event at our house. That looks like some delicious food. :)

Red Rose Alley said...

What a nice celebration for your niece, Susan. Look at all this delicious food.....and the cake looks so Yummy! The poster signing was a great idea. She can have that keepsake forever.

Susan, I just love that doll on your Header. Do you know who she reminds me of?
A young ME with brown eyes and long curly hair. :)

~Sheri

TARYTERRE said...

What a delightful birthday celebration. Looks like fun.

Chatty Crone said...

What a NEAT idea about the 40 things I love about Sarah. I think that I remember this big dinner from last year - what a great cook!

Debbie-Dabble Blog and A Debbie-Dabble Christmas said...

Looks like a fantastic party!!
I love going to other people's Birthday parties but not so much with myself. I am very uncomfortable being the center of attention at such a party and I prefer no party at all for my own Birthday. We usually order in ( I do not even like to go out for my Birthday) and just have a nice quiet dinner with the kids.....
Hugs,
Thanks so much for stopping by and for your kind comments!!
Deb

Tammy@T's Daily Treasures said...

I like the 40 reasons poster. That's a great idea. I can't believe you've never had gnocchi. Very yummy! Once again, we'll be in Sri Lanka for my birthday next month. Nearly a year has gone by already. Time really does kinda fly!

Linda @ A La Carte said...

I love Birthday parties! Such a fun way to celebrate someone's life!

Susan said...

I agree and your party looks perfect. How dear you are to celebrate your niece's birthday in style! XOXO

Barbara Neubeck said...

.. what a wonderful party Susan..... I loved all the photos you shared.. xxxx Barb xxx

Related Posts with Thumbnails