Monday, February 27, 2017

Blankies, Lambies, and Other Cuddlies...





Every night, one of our grandchildren  sleeps with Lambie and Lambsie, two cuddly, and now rather ramshackle "animals."

Without those wooly little creatures, there would be no sleep.

When our son was a baby, he had a yellow blanket that became a part of him.

After a couple of years, it became quite "ratty tatty" but that didn't stop him from loving that blankie with all his heart.

One of the saddest days of his toddler-hood came when yellow blankie got lost and was never found again.

It apparently fell out of the car while we were on a day trip.

We drove back to try and find it but yellow blankie had bitten the dust forever.

We have warm memories of it though, both literally and figuratively.

Now, it's Lambie and Lambsie's time to shine.

DID YOU HAVE A FAVORITE OBJECT YOU SLEPT WITH AS A CHILD?

9 comments:

SImple and Serene Living said...

My oldest daughter had a yellow blanket, too. Unfortunately her's was lost one day when she was out playing. It was terrible. I had a Betsy Wetsy and she still sits by my bed. Some things are never outgrown. xo Laura

diane.stetson said...

My daughter had a blanket she slept with till she was 11 years old and maybe later too. Ha ha ha. My son had a pillow he liked to sleep with. I do not remember ever having anything when I was a child. I'm sure the lambs
will see "better days" but if it comforts a child I am all for it.

TARYTERRE said...

Love the lambs. Made me think of the promotional sale here for American Greetings. You buy 3 of their cards and you get a stuffed plush animal for FREE. One of them is a sweet lamb. But nothing can compete with the history of the two you showed.

Chatty Crone said...

No not here, but my grandson Will has a little lovey doll/blanket.

Barbara Neubeck said...

.. There have been various Comfort Companions for my children and grand children over the years... accompanied by all the upsets when they were lost.. I think we can all relate to this .. xxxx
....... Barb xxxxx

Blondie's Journal said...

I feel that pain...it is pain! My girls lost their little pals also. Incredibly we found one on a park bench, and a few years later, one along a highway where my son remembered my husband and I switching drivers (it must have fallen out of the car). I now have these treasures hidden away. :)

I also have my old friend Phoo Phoo. He first belonged to my late sister and was passed down so he must be over 65 years old.

Jane x

Bookie said...

Oh we had a yellow blankie too! But we were in Big Horn Mountains and youngest teething. Daddy held blankie out window taunting whiney kid and lost it. It flew forever in those mountains. Daddy learned from rest of trip to back off both mother and child!

Red Rose Alley said...

That's too bad about the precious yellow blanket. I wish you could have found it again. The little lamb animals are cute, Susan. When Nel was a baby, she left her raggedy ann doll that my mom made her at the restaurant that we went to. After calling and searching, the raggedy ann doll was nowhere to be found. My mom made her another raggedy ann doll, and she loved it just the same. :)

love, ~Sheri

Anonymous said...

Yes a Blankie. When I was small.
To this day when watching t.v. I have an adult blankie. Pink and pretty green.



Related Posts with Thumbnails