Thursday, April 20, 2017

Bye Bye Easter of 2017


Little by little, the Easter decorations are coming down.

The brightly colored egg tree outside will have to wait til this weekend. 


It was a memorable Easter holiday, complete with many church services, an egg hunt for the little ones, baskets, nibbling on chocolate bunny ears, and, of course, a sumptuous Easter Sunday dinner.


One of my sisters, Natalie, and her husband, Jim,  hosted dinner this year and it was a gala!

Shown below are fabulous "fattoush" salad and  luscious"louby" green bean dish:





All of the photos in this post were taken at their house.

My BIL is of Lebanese background and he is a fabulous cook. His wife is a gourmet cook, too.

Below are creamy almond-topped potatoes and the ham:



You can imagine how wonderful everything tasted.

My sister's yummy coconut cake:



Now, all the joy-filled happenings are part of the history of Easter, 2017, and I am grateful for those memories.

WHAT WAS THE BEST MEMORY YOU MADE THIS PAST EASTER?

11 comments:

Linda said...

I've left up many of my spring decor items since it's still spring. Most of my items were not simply Easter-related. I don't know if it was my best memory, but it's certainly something I will remember - successfully getting my Mom dressed and over to our house from next door for Easter lunch. Even the small milestones when dealing with advanced dementia are milestones.

Bookie said...

All the food looks different but very good. Is nice to try something new! Know you had a great meal.

Chatty Crone said...

Be still my heart - everything looks fabulous! Only thing I would not eat is the coconut cake! lol Sandie

Barbara Neubeck said...


.. Your Easter Sunday lunch looks so delicious ...

My best Memory from Easter is my brother Mike coming to visit Mum ... Mike has health problems and can't always make it to see Mum ... she was so happy to see him .. xxxxx .. Barb xxxx

Red Rose Alley said...

I put all my Easter stuff away too, Susan. I bet it was hard taking down the pink tulip wreath, it's so pretty. Lebanese food sounds interesting. I've never had it. That coconut cake sure does look good!

Have a nice Friday and weekend, Susan.

love, ~Sheri

Linda O'Connell said...

My ceramic bunnies are packed away, but will return another day. That meal looks scrumptious.

diane.stetson said...

I had a memorable Easter here at my house. I cooked a ham too and everything that went with it. All came out delicious. I made a chocolate cheesecake for dessert from scratch too. Yummy.
I think Natalie's meal looked great...I do not like coconut though so would have skipped dessert at that house. I took down all decorations and things are back to normal now.

TARYTERRE said...

i love Lebanese food. and so does my husband. your dinner looked scrumptious. that coconut cake really has my mouth watering for a piece. YUM!

Lady Linda said...

Looks like you had a wonderful Easter. Oh the food! WOW. I ended up sick and spent the day in bed. Jimmy went to have dinner at my daughter's but I didn't make it. I will leave my decorations up until the end of the month.
Hugs. Linda

Linda @ A La Carte said...

Easter was wonderful this year but the best memory was watching my sweet Grandgirl Scout turn two on Sunday. I need to put the bunnies away this weekend I guess!

janice15 said...

It all looks lovely. Glad you had a great Easter.. with love Janice

Related Posts with Thumbnails