Friday, June 2, 2017

Lovely Lilacs


Lilacs wake up sleeping memories of childhood.


They grew all over the neighborhood where we lived.

They grow on big bushes and the flowers have an intoxicating sweet smell.  

There is one memory of me sticking my whole face into a light purple lilac bush and inhaling deeply. 


It was pure heaven.

Even today, may decades later, lilacs remain one of my favorite harbingers of spring.




Right now, I am enjoying a bouquet of lilacs from my daughter.

Her yard is lined with lilac bushes!


It is on the table near my bed and it almost guarantees sweet dreams.

HAVE YOU SEEN PINK AND WHITE LILACS?

9 comments:

Terra said...

I love lilacs too, they remind me of childhood. We had a deep purple, a lilac colored and a white lilac. I know you will have sweet dreams with the lilacs near your bed.

Linda O'Connell said...

Lilacs have such an intoxicating scent. My favorite! Enjoy the weekend.

TARYTERRE said...

Lilacs remind me of my grandmother. a wonderful scent indeed.

Sandi said...

They come in pink??

I have seen white and I have seen purple, but pink is a revelation for me!

Bookie said...

Love Lilacs! Ours are gone for this year, not many and too short a time. Glad you still have some...thanks for sharing them!

Chatty Crone said...

Yes I have seen and smelled them and I love them. I had to look up the word harbinger - I learned something new today! sandie

diane.stetson said...

Oh I love lilacs I remember them from childhood. You are so lucky to have them at your daughter's house. They do not grow where I live so I'll have to just imagine them by looking at your pictures . Love the smell..wish they lasted longer than they do. Enjoy them.

SImple and Serene Living said...

They are lovely, Susan. xo Laura

Red Rose Alley said...

I've never seen white lilacs before. Your lilacs look so pretty sitting in the vase on your bedroom table. What wonderful memories you have of this flower growing up. I always mix up lilacs and lavender, silly me. : )

Sweet dreams tonight, Susan, with the sweet smell of lilacs waking you up in the morning.

love, ~Sheri

Related Posts with Thumbnails