Wednesday, July 19, 2017

Dollhouse Miniature Accessories



Never underestimate the value of going to estate sales.

They are usually offered after a person dies.  

A friend and I went to a "doozy" of an estate sale most recently and came away with truly a wonderful stash.


Regular followers of this blog already know how much I love dollhouse miniatures.  


Well, there at the sale, there were zip lock bags of dollhouse accessories. (A dollhouse had already been sold.)

Most of the baggies were marked $30 and $25.  However, we were there almost at the tail end of the sale.


My friend offered to pay a total of $20 for two bags and it was accepted. 

Then, she gave them to me for babysitting services! Yippah!


What amazing treasures were there including an electrified fireplace that looks like the logs are really on fire. (However, it is not lit in this photo.)


There were also fireplace implements, a brass fireplace screen, a brass log carrier, and yes, logs!


There's a grandfather clock with brass pendulum, too, and numerous toys for a children's room.


Oh my, a rug for that room still had a price tag on the back. 


Here it is:


Hope you enjoy this peek preview of just some of the new found items in those little baggies.

  
There's even a tiny furnished dollhouse to put inside the dollhouse!




I couldn't wait to share these treasures with you!




WHAT IS YOUR NUMBER 1 FAVORITE HOBBY?

9 comments:

diane.stetson said...

I think doll house miniatures are very expensive as I know I've ordered a few in my life. What a wonderful find and treasure for you to get gifted with these for your hobby. My hobby is reading and playing the piano and singing.

Rebecca said...

What a thoughtful friend! What a unique "stash". There are some real treasures there (but I don't have to tell you that). So happy for you!

Chatty Crone said...

As I have told you before my mom had a huge dollhouse. She only bought top of the line items and it even had lights - everywhere.

You girl got a great gift there!

Beautiful pieces.

Sandie

Linda O'Connell said...

I think I am as excited about your treasures as you are!

Red Rose Alley said...

Susan, wow, you got a lot of goodies at the estate sale. I bet you were thrilled to see all this dollhouse furniture. That fireplace, screen, brass basket, and logs are delightful. Your friend got a good deal, and you made out nicely.

To answer your question...my number 1 favorite hobby is Photography. Love taking pictures, especially of nature. : )

love, ~Sheri

Donna Volkenannt said...

Your friend got a bargain, and is very generous. The photos are great. I don't really have a hobby, unless you consider my writing, which is more of a passion than a hobby.

Barbara Neubeck said...

.. wonderful shopping and gift for you Susan ..... you're a great babysitter .. xxxxx
I do like all your dollhouse things.. it's so fascinating what you can get in miniature.. xxxxx
My hobby main hobby is photography and then there is christmas crafts and colouring in ..
.. Barb xxxxx

SImple and Serene Living said...

What adorable finds and what a sweet friend. xo Laura

TARYTERRE said...

what charming finds. that fireplace is priceless. not to mention all the accessories.

Related Posts with Thumbnails