Thursday, August 3, 2017

Oh, the Glory of Summer

Bright and breathtaking blooms are part of the allure of beloved summer.



While having lunch in Great Barrington, Massachusetts, one day this summer, the flowers outside a restaurant made eating lunch optional.



They were so incredibly colorful and lush that we were in no rush to get inside.


We had to stop and take photos for you.  

One of the scrapbooks I keep includes photos and magazine cut-outs, as well as stories, about gardening.


For sure, photos of the flowers in this post are going to go into the scrapbook.


Whoever designed and planted these flowers deserves a medal. 


They bring such joy to every passerby.

DO YOU PLANT SEVERAL DIFFERENT COLORED BLOOMS IN ONE AREA, SUCH AS SHOWN IN THE PHOTOS?

8 comments:

TARYTERRE said...

what colorful blooms. i can see why you would want to linger outside and admire them.

Chatty Crone said...

Susan that second photo with the two colored flower - it is gorgeous!

Linda O'Connell said...

Susan, have you ever considered submitting YOUR floral photos to a magazine? The ones in your yard are gorgeous, too.

diane.stetson said...

Susan I love your new header for this blog...beautiful job. I am not a planter....have no green thumb . Wish I had someone to plant stuff for me as I love looking at the finished products...ha. Enjoy the new planter Barb gave you today.

Red Rose Alley said...

Wow, that is a nice bed of flowers for a restaurant. I can see why you took your time going in, lots to look at. That white and red flower is so unique - it looks like a red star. When I had my little garden, I used to plant roses, and a few purple flowers, and my front yard had yellow lilies. I never mixed them up. But this bed of flowers looks really attractive.

~Sheri

Merlesworld said...

Very colourful I would go back just to see the flowers, how was the food.
Merle...............

Susan said...

So colorful! I love those blooms and will be sorry when winter comes and they're gone again until next year. Have a lovely weekend, XOXO

Pam said...

Beautiful...that is probably what I miss most when fall rolls in...the summer colors. But I love the fall colors best. You asked what state I was in ...I am right outside Nashville TN.

Related Posts with Thumbnails