Wednesday, August 2, 2017

Peaceful Corner

Our little fountain is now surrounded by colorful flowers and greenery.

Its trickling sound brings simple happiness to humans and birdies.

Yes, neighborhood birds love to dip into the cool water for baths as well as sip it! (I am not sure in what order.)

If you ever contemplated installing a fountain but have not yet done so, hesitate no longer.



It's truly a terrific addition to any yard.


Love the bird bath, too, but think I'll re-spray the whole thing black again next season.



Lots of pretty colorful flowers are part of the back yard this year but nary one hummingbird has been attracted. 

I even hung a colorful blooming plant next to the feeder to try and attract them.



 Why is anyone's guess.

DO LOTS OF HUMMINGBIRDS VISIT IN YOUR NECK OF THE WOODS?  ANY THOUGHTS ON WHY HUMMERS DIDN'T COME TO OUR YARD?

9 comments:

diane.stetson said...

I do not have any bird feeders but plenty of hummingbirds...Love to watch them fly forwards and back. They are darling little birds. Sorry you haven't had them in your yard.

TARYTERRE said...

sorry you haven't had any hummingbirds visit your yard. i do not get any either and don't know why.

Kit said...

We get hummers and it could be the type of flowers you have. We have Fireweed, Columbine, Impatiens, and Daylilies. I have read they love tubular flowers that hold the nectar. Hope this helps. :) Kit

Sandi said...

I bet there is something there hummingbirds do not like. Running water? Some kind of flower? I know they like sugary water. Is that a high fructose corn feeder you have there? :-)

Chatty Crone said...

I do not know much about hummingbirds and we don't set out things for them here - but we have lots of other birds. Sorry tho. sandie

Linda O'Connell said...

A hummingbird flew into our yard yesterday, so my honey went out and bought two feeders. We are enjoying the activity of the little flitters. Your yard does look peaceful and inviting.

Red Rose Alley said...

Susan, your back yard looks so peaceful with all the flowers and water fountain and bird bath and statues. I'm not sure why the hummingbirds aren't coming around. There are a few flowers I've been told that really attract them. I don't use a feeder because I just love and appreciate when they come around naturally. It is a beautiful surprise and gift. I see them sometimes when I'm at the park sipping on my coffee or at the rose garden fluttering about this particular tree. Aren't they so special?

love, ~Sheri

Anonymous said...

very nice post thank you for your sharing !
[url=https://highlight-football88.blogspot.com/][color=#ECF3F7]ตารางคะแนนบุนเดสลีกา[/color][/url]

Sok Sareth said...

Awesome blog, i always enjoy & read the post you are sharing!
Thank for your very good article...!

บุนเดสลีกา

Related Posts with Thumbnails