Saturday, October 28, 2017

A Labor-Intensive Project That Sparkles



Some people are quite conservative when it comes to fashion.

My personal preference is flashy, color-splashed boho style.

Like a crow, anything sparkly catches my eye.

Maybe I am a gypsy at heart.


A YouTube video showed how to do a sequined top. 

 Although rather daunting, I decided to give it a try.

In a Goodwill thrift store, I found a nice bag of multi-colored sequins for $1.99.

It took three nights, while watching Netflix movies, to separate them into colors and then shapes.


My plan was to decorate a black shirt with gold sequins and a smattering of pink.

As the lady in the YouTube video suggested, I used drops of fabric glitter glue to attach the sequins while watching more Netflix movies!

At long last, the shirt was finished.  I've gotten several compliments on it.

It's really bright when the sun hits it and it's just my style.

It will also be a one-and-only because I'll never do such a labor and time intensive project again. ha ha ha

HAVE YOU EVER DECORATED ANYTHING WITH SEQUINS?

9 comments:

Tammy@T's Daily Treasures said...

Oh my! That does sound just a bit tedious. But the result is fun and fabulous!

diane.stetson said...

No I've never decorated or probably never even worn something with sequins on it...yours looks great. I'm more conservative when it comes to fashion.

Kit said...

It looks wonderful! Great job! I am more a back country, plaid and denim kind of girl myself but I adore seeing sequins on other folks. Enjoy your new fashion! :) Kit

Red Rose Alley said...

Oh, I love the shirt with sequins, Susan, and it does look a bit gypsy, which always suits me. A lot of work went into gluing the sequins on, and you did a really nice job. I've never heard of fabric glitter glue before. I wonder if this would wash well with all those sequins.

love, ~Sheri

An Enchanted Cottage said...

That is awesome, Susan! I love sparkly, too! Although I don't know if I'd have the patience to hand make a shirt like you did! Bravo!
Donna

Chatty Crone said...

I have not, but I might now - yours is beautiful. Those sequins are expensive. Great job! Love it.

Terra said...

Your result is pretty, I like sparkle too.

TARYTERRE said...

sounds labor intensive. but the end result is beautiful indeed.

Merlesworld said...

Sequins are not for me.
Merle..........

Related Posts with Thumbnails