Thursday, October 26, 2017

Signs of the Season


Signs of autumn abound these days.



\

Soon Halloween and the army of little trick or treaters will be here.

We are ready for them.  I bought the candy treats this week.



At an orchard recently, I selected one of several different kinds of apples to munch on. 


The lighted pumpkins have come down from the attic for a few days.


The front porch lantern is adorned with faux leaves and a pumpkin "hat."

Happy witches and other creatures are doing their decorating best.




Even the evening temps dipped a bit so autumn feels like it's truly here. 



Tomorrow, summer temps might return but for now, it's just time to enjoy each moment, whatever comes.


WHAT ARE SOME FAVORITE SIGNS OF AUTUMN FOR YOU?

6 comments:

Red Rose Alley said...

I liked seeing all your Halloween goodies around your house, Susan. The kids will love those lighted pumpkins. They look festive on your front porch. I still have to get my candy, maybe tomorrow. Those apples sure do look good. : )

love, ~Sheri

Merlesworld said...

I've just come back from shopping and the shops are full of Halloween goodies first year I've noticed it here,but it's spring here not autumn.
Merle.........

Chatty Crone said...

Love your decorations. We keep ours in the basement and I have looked and looked and looked for them and I can't find them - I am so disappointed! Not sure what to do. I love yours.

diane.stetson said...

Oh gosh this year since my son and family are living with me my front yard is decorated to the hilt for Halloween. I can't begin to tell you all he did to make it look festive. It sure won't look like this next year. Ha ha ha. Your place looks great too.

TARYTERRE said...

i love those jack o lanterns on your porch. they definitely shout autumn is here.

Red Rose Alley said...

I love all your Halloween decorations! Thanks for reminding me I need to get candy. I live in a small townhouse, and I'm lucky if I get one trick-or-treater, but I always buy candy...just in case. Then, I end up eating the leftovers. ;-) To answer your question, my mom will be coming to help when I go into labor and I'm in the hospital. She lives a couple hours away. It could be any day now!

~Jess

Related Posts with Thumbnails