Wednesday, October 25, 2017

Lebanese Lubee

Different cuisines are all fun to try.

Some new dishes we may absolutely dislike while others become staples in our lives.

Personally, I love Lebanese food.

My brother-in-law is Lebanese and he's a great cook so I've been able to try some very delicious dishes.

One of my favorites is lubee, a combination of green beans, garlic, diced tomatoes, and onions, all flavored with an exotic blend of allspice, cinnamon, coriander, salt and pepper. 


At least, those are the spices my BIL uses in the lubee he makes. Of course, he passed on the recipe to me.

Now, I love lubee warmed up as well as cold. 

If interested, there are many variations of lubee you can try. 

 Just do a little online research and you will find many fine recipes for lubee.

If you like green beans as well as spices, get ready for a taste treat!

HAVE YOU TRIED LUBEE?

8 comments:

Tammy@T's Daily Treasures said...

I love to eat lubiyeh cold with hot pita bread. yummo!

diane.stetson said...

Sorry this is one dish I did not when I tried it . I guess it is the spices that I didn't care for with the green beans. I like green beans as they are my favorite vegetable but I like them fried in butter after boiling them like my Mom made them...Yummy.

Karen Lange said...

Will have to give this a try sometime. Thanks for sharing about it. Have a wonderful rest of the week! :)

Linda O'Connell said...

Did it have a sweet taste? Not sure about this dish. I do like green beans, ham chunks and new potatoes.

Chatty Crone said...

It looks very good to me - I will have to try that sometime Susan!

Red Rose Alley said...

Susan, I've never tried Lebanese food. This looks delicious. That's nice that you have a brother-in-law who shares his Lebanese recipes with you. Nel was just telling me about her crock pot today and how easy it is to make meals in them. I think I want one! : )

love, ~Sheri

Merlesworld said...

I live in Granville in Sydney lots of my neighbours are Lebanese they often have big family get togethers so Ive tried most of their food all very healthy and their sweets all wonderful.
Merle..........

TARYTERRE said...

i too love Lebanese food. though i have not tried the green bean dish you talk about. it looks delicious.

Related Posts with Thumbnails