Monday, October 23, 2017

Exquisite Autumn



Autumn is my favorite season.


The changing exquisite colors of the leaves; the cool, crisp air; apples, pumpkins and squash; and the hint of woodsmoke touch all the senses and the heart.




During a ride one recent afternoon, it seemed like there was poignant beauty at every glance.


As if on cue, the sun peeked through the trees and scattered golden rays on everything in sight.


One of my sisters and I stopped at a lake and drank in the splendor before us.


Brilliant sunshine rippled on the surface of the water, creating a scene of a million sparking diamonds, that made us squint.



Trees on the nearby hillsides boasted the colors of orange, yellow and red and seemed to have voices that called, "Look at me, look at me."




We felt that it was such a privilege to be alive and privy to  Mother Nature's incredulous bounty.

HOW DOES AUTUMN TOUCH YOUR HEART?

8 comments:

Chatty Crone said...

I love the color of the water in the first few pictures and I would love to see that in person - just lovely.

Red Rose Alley said...

Susan, Autumn is glorious where you live. Your pictures are simply wonderful. I love all the colors of oranges, golds, and reds on the trees. And your lake pictures, oh my, what beauty they bring to my heart. Yes, Autumn is my favorite season, and you have captured it well.

love, ~Sheri

Brenda @ Its A Beautiful Life said...

Such glorious photos, Susan! You really did capture a slice of life's grand seasonal adventure.

Wishing you a wonderful week ahead...
Brenda xox

Linda O'Connell said...

"Trees that seemed to have voices..." What a line.

Linda said...

It used to be my favorite but not so much anymore. I prefer summer. Autumn includes far too many grey, cold days and heads into winter.

diane stetson said...

I love Autumn in New England. My favorite season. Beautiful fall pictures.

Tammy@T's Daily Treasures said...

So very beautiful! I miss the sights, smells and feel of Autumn.

TARYTERRE said...

Drinking in the splendor all around you must bring a sense of peace and calm.

Related Posts with Thumbnails