Saturday, October 14, 2017

Seeking Peace

As one gets older,  becoming peaceful is very important.

The world will always have strife and struggle.

In our own lives, however, we have the ability to preserve the preciousness of peace.

I find that trying to be kind to others brings peace.

Forgiving those who have hurt me takes a little more effort but once the choice to forgive is made, peace floods my heart and soul.

Autumn scenes with brightly colored plants and pumpkins evoke peacefulness, too.


The photos in this post were taken on a trip to the Vermont Country Store in Weston but more on that excursion in a future post.

Today, if you choose to seek peace, YOU will be the one who benefits.

HOW DO YOU, IN YOUR OWN LIFE, SEEK PEACE?



9 comments:

TARYTERRE said...

those are tranquil scenes outside the vermont country store. they play to the season for sure.

Linda O'Connell said...

The thing I liked most about New England was all the country and craft stores. one year I am coming back to see the changing leaves and visit those small shops.

Donna Volkenannt said...

The way I find peace is during quiet times. I have some prayer cards I read from and find reading them brings me a sense of peace. Also saying prayers I learned in my childhood comforting. Being out and enjoying nature also gives me a sense of peace.

GratefulPrayerThankfulHeart said...

Lovely post, Susan with lots of truth and wisdom. Pretty autumn photos too!

Kit said...

I seek peace by not watching the news, or read the papers obsessively. I lead my life by helping others, doing what I can to make a good world and my family comes first. It works pretty well. Love your photos! :) Kit

Chatty Crone said...

Peace is my middle name - I want peach so bad. I pray for peace. When people get upset I try to ignore it to keep peace - I don't always succeed, but I try. I try to have God in my heard as much as possible.

diane.stetson said...

Let there be peace on earth...one of my favorite songs. Love the photos of the Vermont Country Store....loved the visit to Vermont.

Red Rose Alley said...

Well, I actually just did a post on how I seek peace.....I take a long drive on the country roads. Shopping, even if I don't buy anything sometimes gives me peace. And always being in nature - stepping away from the crowds now and then is a must for me. : )

Looking forward to seeing your Vermont Country Store post.

~Sheri

Tammy@T's Daily Treasures said...

You are so right and I tell people that all the time. I don't do drama. Maybe some people think it is selfish but I truly just want peace in my every day and I do everything I can to make sure I have that. Sometimes that means not venturing out into the world at all and I'm okay with that.

Related Posts with Thumbnails