Monday, October 16, 2017

Seize the Moment


Whenever the opportunity to visit the Vermont Country Store in Weston presents itself, I jump at it.

A couple past columns I've written on that destination can be found here and here.

The store is well known and is filled to the rafters with everything from colorful and warm socks and items for kids, to several flavors of fudge and all kinds of personal products like lemon scented shampoo and hand lotions.




Last week, when my older sister was visiting from California, she and yet another sister and I made a jaunt to the Vermont Country Store.

It's about a two hour ride from my house.

Because most things are pretty pricey there, I just picked up a couple of Christmas gifties for two of my grands, some penuche fudge for my daughter to eat right away, and some very lovely lavender hand lotion for "moi."


We had lunch at the nearby Bryant House Restaurant. Another visit was highlighted here.

 

There's nothing like an excursion to put some zip into life!

WHAT KINDS OF EXCURSIONS DO YOU LIKE GOING ON?

7 comments:

Chatty Crone said...

I love their catalog - what is penuche fudge? Sounds delicious!!

Kit said...

What a great trip to go on! I have heard of that store and I always think of maple syrup and maple candy. Glad you had fun. You know me, my favorite excursion is to Disneyland. :) Kit

TARYTERRE said...

What a lovely excursion, indeed. I didn't know they carried penuche fudge. it's my favorite.

diane stetson said...

I have six of their wonderful chlorine resistant swim suits. Love going there and always get their catalogue

Red Rose Alley said...

The Vermont Country Store sounds so charming, Susan. So glad you found some goodies to take home with you. The fudge sounds Yummy, and the lavender hand lotion sounds nice. I can see why you took a two hour drive to get there. I love their BIG sign outside the store. : )

~Sheri

A Joyful Chaos said...

I would love to be able to visit the Vermont Country Store someday!

Blessings~

Linda O'Connell said...

Wonderful place. Could shop there for hours.

Related Posts with Thumbnails