Wednesday, November 1, 2017

Bye Bye Autumn Leaves


Autumn's magnificence makes going crazy with the camera seem normal.

Wherever one glances, there is intense beauty.

The trees on our street seem like they are spun out of gold.



When the afternoon sunshine hits them, the sight is beyond incredible.

It makes me stand in awe and just stare.



Then, of course, I scramble around my purse for the cell phone to try and capture even fleeting glimpses of the spectacular scenes all around.

Snap, snap, snap, faster and faster before it all fades away.



Yes, autumn is slipping away quicker than sand through the fingertips.

Already the front yard is filled with millions of fallen leaves that have completed their mad twirl from branches to ground.


The changing of the seasons tugs at the heart.



HOW  DO THE CHANGING SEASONS MAKE YOU FEEL?

7 comments:

Donna Volkenannt said...

Lovely photos, Susan. Autumn makes me feel nostalgic. I remember starting school after summer vacation, raking fallen leaves, and tossing them in the air and running through piles of leaves with my sisters and brothers.

Sandi said...

Bye bye, Autumn? It just got here!

To me, this whole year has flown by. Yesterday it was Spring and then Summer lasted 45 minutes and it will be Christmas later today! Whew!

Chatty Crone said...

We are in beautiful fall here - when do you usually get your first snow? Some have gotten it already!

TARYTERRE said...

autumn barely got here. i do not want to think about winter yet.

diane.stetson said...

Don't have the changes of seasons where I live...although our very hot spell is finally over and even some rain came in the a.m. today. So Cal has even temps all year round, constant sunshine and NO WINTER....

Karen Lange said...

Autumn is my favorite season. :) I wait all year to watch the leaves change color. :) They've been beautiful this year. Thanks for sharing your photos. Happy weekend!

Red Rose Alley said...

The golden trees are so pretty, Susan. You have more golden leaves than we do here, and I am seeing more of the oranges and reds. We are still in Autumn, so I don't think winter will come for awhile. It's nice that you got your camera out to take these lovely pictures. Yes, I see the tree next to it already bare. I'm wondering if you'll have an early winter? Savor the season while it lasts, my friend.

~Sheri

Related Posts with Thumbnails