Thursday, November 2, 2017

Packing Away Halloween


Most of the Halloween decor has been taken down and packed away in the attic.

It's always bittersweet to un-decorate.

This year, while packing away pumpkins and witches,  I wondered if there will be another fall season to enjoy.

As one gets older, those kinds of thoughts do, indeed, surface.

Then I quickly send them out of my head and tell myself that many members of my family lived very long lives. 

Maybe those good Polish and Lithuanian genes will keep me kicking for a long time, too. I hope so anyway.


WHAT IS SOMETHING GOOD THAT HAPPENED TO YOU LATELY?

8 comments:

TARYTERRE said...

here's to many more autumn seasons to unwrap and celebrate.

diane.stetson said...

Going to a wonderful Pacific Symphony concert tonight with a good friend....a tribute to Ella Fitzgerald....I'll love it.
Halloween decorations are coming down tomorrow as my son put them up and he doesn't have to work on Saturdays so he will be taking them all down. You'll live longer than me as you are much younger.

Chatty Crone said...

I heard the minister say at a funeral this past Wednesday - that we are born and we start dying - there is no choice, but we manage and i think the older we get the easier it is - in a way.
I had a really nice lunch with my hubs!
You will have your Thanksgiving out soon!

Susan said...

I still have my pumpkins displayed, but figure I can do that for Thanksgiving! I hate to see the seasons get pushed so quickly by retail--there's already Christmas decorations up everywhere! Have a beautiful weekend, my friend, XOXO

Kit said...

Just keep thinking you will be here for another. But I know the feeling. I packed all mine away too and now will decorate today for Thanksgiving. :) Kit

Red Rose Alley said...

Oh, you will soon find out, my friend. : )

~Sheri

Tammy@T's Daily Treasures said...

A great aunt of mine recently passed away at the age of 105 years old. Just imagine how she's seen throughout her life. Truly amazing! I worry now about the state of the world where egotistical men taunt each other as if the lives of millions and millions don't batter. Just craziness!

Tammy@T's Daily Treasures said...

oops. two mistakes there ... should read "how much" and "matter" (not batter). :/

Related Posts with Thumbnails