Friday, July 20, 2018

Taking a Break Is Good for Everyone

                                        (All photos in this post were taken in Rockport, Massachusetts.)

When our bodies get exhausted, they let us know.

We might feel lethargic and even a little bit queasy.


The best thing to do when that happens is to take a break.

Getting a change of scene can do wonders for our minds and bodies.

A detour from routine refreshes.


The same goes for our minds.

When we stuff our heads with too much information, a lot of it negative, while living daily life, which is stressful in itself, we can also feel taxed.

Again, a change of scene and adding a bit of rest are effective.

That's what I did this week---had a change from routine and gave my body lots of rest and relaxation.


I went five days without going on Facebook.

In addition, I even took a break from something close to my heart, blogging!

Despite missing my beloved blog peeps a lot, I resisted all attempts to tune in.

Spent four days away from home in a lovely vacation spot.

The final analysis of this experiment?

Feeling refreshed and ready to start writing again.


HOW DO YOU RELAX?

8 comments:

Linda @ A La Carte said...

Good to see you back! I too take a break away from home if possible to a quiet place and disconnect as much as possible. It is very refreshing!

Red Rose Alley said...

That was a short break, but it's good to see you here again, Susan. It does do the body and mind good to get off social media for awhile. And after awhile, it's nice to be amongst sweet friends again.

love, ~Sheri

Brenda @ Its A Beautiful Life said...

You have certainly had a lovely time away. Your words indicate you're feeling refreshed and rejuvenated. Happy to hear it, Susan!

What good advice for us all to take breaks even from the things we love.




diane stetson said...

Very pretty flowers Susan. So happy you got a respite from everything. Now back to reality.

Chatty Crone said...

I can tell with your colorful photos and cheery words that you had a nice break. I am happy for you, but I am glad you are back.

What do I do to relax? Hmmm that is hard. I guess I shut everything off and go downstairs and watch tv with a cup of tea.

Love, sandie

TARYTERRE said...

glad you feel rejuvenated. taking a break was a marvelous idea.

Tammy@T's Daily Treasures said...

Just went on a girls trip to Lebanon but had one problem after another. :/ Delayed flight, 24 hour stomach virus that left me down and out an entire day, and then a cancelled return flight so had to rush to rebook on a different flight that cost a lot more money. At least we did have 2-1/2 days of jampacked sightseeing fun.

Linda O'Connell said...

Hammock and book, my idea of peaceful relaxation. Everyday I think I will take a FB break because I am on overload. But I sneak a peek, and then wish I hadn't. Enjoy your Sunday.

Related Posts with Thumbnails