Sunday, July 15, 2018

Blog Break


Dear Blog Peeps:

I started this blog nine years ago come October.

Nine years!  Can you imagine?


In the beginning, I had no idea whether anyone would even read it.  

Just wanted to write about little slices of life because writing is a true love of mine.


So far, a total of 2,804 posts have been published and it was pure joy to write almost every single one.

I have met so many wonderful people through this blog and now have 421 precious Followers!  You make blogging thrilling.

Each of you is so special to me! Thank you so much for following this blog. It is written from my heart.

In all those years, I don't think there has ever been a single week when there were no posts from Writing Straight from the Heart.

So, at last,  I have decided to take a short blog break. 

It's summer, it's hot and humid, people are busy or on vacations and, well, it's time to take  a little breather.


See you at the end of the week.  

Wishing each of you days that you cherish and even some summertime fun!

WHAT IS ONE OF YOUR FAVORITE SUMMER ACTIVITIES?

                                                                  

9 comments:

Linda O'Connell said...

Enjoy your free time. Amazing how many wonderful people you meet by blogging.

Linda @ A La Carte said...

Enjoy your blog break! I enjoy more time with my Grands in the summer.

diane stetson said...

I love outdoor free concerts and there are many where I live. Enjoy your blog break and have a wonderful week ahead.

Chatty Crone said...

Awe one week is just a vacation - have fun! Enjoy. We love you and we will always love you!

My favorite summer activity is the neighborhood pool. Cools me down to the core!

Love, sandie

Red Rose Alley said...

Susan, how funny, you are taking a break, and I am coming back from mine. I did a post for tomorrow. We all need these little breaks now and then. It give us a time to reflect, so we can come back refreshed and ready to go. Enjoy your time off. : )

love, ~Sheri

TARYTERRE said...

enjoy your time off. we'll be here when you get back.

Patti said...

Yes, there IS life away from the computer. Enjoy!!

Brenda @ Its A Beautiful Life said...

1. Sitting by a lake or stream with lots of scenery to soak in. In a comfy lawn chair with an engaging book and a notebook in case I think of something nice to jot down.

2. Sitting in the garden in the shade with something cool to swish around in an icy glass, watch the birds, read something maybe less engrossing but still stimulating (as I'm prone to stare at the flowers and the birds as much as the page).

3. Eating ice cream cones or watermelon or Popsicles with family or friends.

Brenda @ Its A Beautiful Life said...

PS. I was so busy answering your last question, I forgot to say Congratulations on your 9th year of blogging. It's been quite the journey, this blogging career, hasn't it? I love it as I know you do.

Happy Day...B :)

Related Posts with Thumbnails