Wednesday, August 22, 2018

Memories of Crystal


Mummy always loved anything made of crystal.



Seeing crystal vases, bowls, or photo frames always drew an ooo or ahhh from her.

It's true that I love crystal pieces as well.


Our hutch in the dining room is filled with all kinds of crystal items.

So what did I do when spotting a very elegant crystal candy dish at a Goodwill Store?



It had the Polish star in its design and Poland is the native land of my maternal grandparents.

It also had dainty little crystal feet!


Did I admire it and leave it for someone else to buy for a mere $2.79?

Did I scurry away as fast as possible to avoid temptation?


Noooooo.  It went right into my shopping cart and then came home with me.


Was such a gorgeous candy dish needed around here?   Noooo.

Any regrets about buying it?  Noooooo.


So there you have it.

 Instead of getting rid of an item, with future downsizing in mind, the "family" of crystal at our house has grown by one more piece.


DO YOU THINK THINGS MADE OUT OF CRYSTAL LOOK OLD-FASHIONED?


5 comments:

Linda O'Connell said...

Ceystak is so pretty. I found a crystal cruet in the back of a cabinet when we moved in and the elderly lady moved out. It will remain there in her honor.

diane stetson said...

I have a couple of Mom's crystal things also. It's your maternal side that is from Poland...just a minor error in your post Susan. Your candy dish is pretty....so much for downsizing your collections..ha ha ha

Chatty Crone said...

I think I learned something today. My husband is Polish - I never knee there was Polish Crystal and a certain star in it. Interesting. Glad you got it. sandie

Red Rose Alley said...

I gave away a bunch of stuff this morning to a vintage shop, but I looked at my crystal sugar and creamer set, and it had to stay. I've had it for 38 years. Your crystal candy dish is lovely, and I like the fact that it has a Polish star on its design. You can fill it with Christmas candy this year. : ) Such a pretty item you found, Susan.

love, ~Sheri

TARYTERRE said...

a beautiful dish. enjoy.

Related Posts with Thumbnails